Model Cars Magazine Forum

american nitro

brett

Well, what we have here is a part of my continuing saga to build yet another car from the American Nitro DVD. If you dont know what that is look it up sometime,(its only the BEST film ever made showcasing 70s american dragracing EVER,focusing on the funnycars). However just after 6minutes 47 seconds(approx) the nova I'm gonna try to replicate shows up with one of the most awesome burnouts ever done. I first seen this on vhs nearly 30 yrs ago and it's been etched into my brain ever since. Starting with the new revell 69 nova kit I got the rear end up as high as I could using kit parts and remade new front spindles to drop the nose about 4 more scale inches.

Tryed getting some info from the :NITRO: Facebook page but didnt get anything helpful back at all.

americannitronova.jpg

foiled tonight Bare metal foil that is,windows tinted and installed, interior and chassis installed....... just got a few little finishing touches to add......

americannitronova13.jpg

americannitronova12.jpg

shouldnt actually have the hood inserts but theres already libertys taken with this due to lack of info....

americannitronova10.jpg

americannitronova7.jpg

This is very good looking! Nice colour on it and painjob looks very smooth and shiney! Good job with that engine. This kit is worth buying! Have this same kit, I'm building E/Stock Drag Racer from it and this kit is very nicely detailed. It looks awesome with some details added! B)

Looks great Brett. I love the cotton ball burnout.

I remember back in the late 70's early 80's at Hobby Town in Dartmouth Mass, behind the counter up on the shelf was a 1/16th scale Garlits RE Dragtser built.

It had a cool cotton ball burnout with it and it captured my imagination for sure.

That, and the fact I had never seen the kit before that so it had me in awe.

Your build is killer dude.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...