Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Umm that's sad news! I hope your hand gets better soon and surgeries go well. All that work you put into this beautiful build was fantastic, can we see this build being finished on this forum anyway by someone else?

Thx. For all the kind words fellas, definitely sucks but what are you going to do . Mike Boyd the driver of the winged express altered bought it. He said he will finish it at some point. Not sure if he is a member here or not, He said he is working on a 63 promod Bette now with a brass chassis.

Joe

omg this breaks my heart to hear about your injury , what those hands have done on this build is totaly amazing you have a major talent and your an artist , i so feel your pain , being a guitar player myself a hand injury is and always has been my biggest fear , i truly hope you recover 200% plus , and follow the Doctors orders and don't give the nurses a hard time , ok a little bit of a hard time !! ,, get well soon ,, Anne

Joe,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your hand injury and your needing to sell your '57. While models are lots of fun and the pasttime so many of us enjoy and look forward to doing, life and finances still take priority over our hobbies. First and foremost, you're in my and lots of other people's prayers for successful upcoming surgeries and a full recovery down the road. Lord willing, in time, you'll get back to building, and I, for one, will look forward to seeing your work in the future. God bless...

Scott

Thx. everybody, Swelling is down. going in friday for visit if all goes well surgery on one finger next week to get plate and screws other finger should heal fine by itself. I have a set of nice micro nitro 1/12th mickey thompson wheels and TDR drag radials if anybody is interested.

Joe, I'm very sorry to hear about your hand. I'm a workers' compensation attorney in Georgia. The comp laws vary significantly from state to state. However, if I can help you in any way, pm me. I hope your recovery is speedy and that you return to work soon.

Rick

Allow me to start by saying this has probably been the best one hour read I've had had in a long, looong... loooong time.

This is without a doubt a craftsmanship work of art, the attention to detail and Joe's ability to create from scratch is truly amazing AND I have apologize if these words come across as a bit intense but you see, I'm new to this hobby and found myself reading through this forums trying to find ways to make my box stock building skills better, so finding something like this is overwhelming to say the least!!! (Not to mention what is going to take on the road ahead to accomplish something of this level).

Finding stuff like TRD and Scale Motorsports sure takes box stock building to a whole new level (Still have to go back a few pages to find Jim's info for future needs).

The thread has been marked, I hope Joe's hand gets better soon, can't wait to read more about the project.

Thank you.

Joe, I'm very sorry to hear about your hand. I'm a workers' compensation attorney in Georgia. The comp laws vary significantly from state to state. However, if I can help you in any way, pm me. I hope your recovery is speedy and that you return to work soon.

Rick

Thx. Rick i appreciate that.

Allow me to start by saying this has probably been the best one hour read I've had had in a long, looong... loooong time.

This is without a doubt a craftsmanship work of art, the attention to detail and Joe's ability to create from scratch is truly amazing AND I have apologize if these words come across as a bit intense but you see, I'm new to this hobby and found myself reading through this forums trying to find ways to make my box stock building skills better, so finding something like this is overwhelming to say the least!!! (Not to mention what is going to take on the road ahead to accomplish something of this level).

Finding stuff like TRD and Scale Motorsports sure takes box stock building to a whole new level (Still have to go back a few pages to find Jim's info for future needs).

The thread has been marked, I hope Joe's hand gets better soon, can't wait to read more about the project.

Thank you.

Thank you very Much Juan you to kind.

Just a little update for those interested. Had surgery Monday to put a plate and some screws in my ring finger, All went well and Doc said i should recover close to 100%. He said the scaring shouldn't be to bad , The swelling is all the way down in the other fingers and they still look almost normal lol. I might be able to go back to work in May and just do some easy handwork so that should be good. I'm allready thinking up a new project.

Just a little update for those interested. Had surgery Monday to put a plate and some screws in my ring finger, All went well and Doc said i should recover close to 100%. He said the scaring shouldn't be to bad , The swelling is all the way down in the other fingers and they still look almost normal lol. I might be able to go back to work in May and just do some easy handwork so that should be good. I'm allready thinking up a new project.

Hang in there Joe... hope you get back up to speed soon... I have to have surgery on my left knee tomorrow morning also I have a torn meniscus... that I've been fighting with for about a year now.. but the pain, popping and swelling is more than I can deal with... that's why I have been kind of inactive lately.. but hang in there bro...you are an asset to this forum and to our hobby.... godspeed...

Hope you get back up to speed soon

That's good to hear Joe!

I get freaked out about hand/finger injuries myself... so much so that i don't like using power saws anymore... i'm too paranoid about something happening. I can't imagine losing a couple fingers and trying to type or work on something in 1:64th scale.

Joe,

I am terribly sorry about your work related injury. I have enjoyed viewing your stunning Pro Comp 57 Chevy and have picked up several pointers. Glad the surgery

went well. I worked in a plastic factory for almost a quarter of a century, before our work was outsourced. Not that it's any consultation, but we had our share of accidents, like so many other places.

A Pro Comp recovery.

Ron Berke

[quote name=Prostreet" post="909864" time="1364418519]Just a little update for those interested. Had surgery Monday to put a plate and some screws in my ring finger, All went well and Doc said i should recover close to 100%. He said the scaring shouldn't be to bad , The swelling is all the way down in the other fingers and they still look almost normal lol. I might be able to go back to work in May and just do some easy handwork so that should be good. I'm allready thinking up a new project.

Thx. for all the kind words and well wishes guys. My brother is going to purchase some of the parts for me for my next build, He also wants to give me some help starting the project until i go it alone. Look for it in the Big boys section later in the week. It will be 1/8 scale.

Man I really wish you didn't sell this. Didn't seem to need much more besides paint and exterior stuff. Sucks but hey atleast someone will finish it. Good luck with your recovery and hope to see you back in the pro mod builds some day soon!

Pete