Model Cars Magazine Forum

'76 GMC K35 Sierra Grande with a Holmes 480 Twin Boom.

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

This really turned out well Nick. Your extra detailing on the back makes a huge difference. The lack of detail on this kit (and my lack of knowledge) is what's kept me from proceeding on mine until I get better references.

Thanks Mike, this actually only used about 3-5 parts from revells Wrecker of the 90's molded in Orange, originally released as the Captain Hook wrecker, I used the hood (which you can see is still bleeding even though it was sealed), chassis pan, rear differential, interior tub, and dash, I think that's it. the rest came from a built up Revell Hot Rod truck or the parts box, or I scratchbuilt it, I got lucky on references I found a '82 C30 with Holmes 440 Wrecker in a local scrapyard and used it along with some brochure photo's (GMC & Holmes) to finish the truck.

Nice job Nick, glad to see this one finished! You need to build a roll back to compliment your fleet!

I do have a set of blue prints for a Jerr-Dan Rollback.............................

That's a looker, Nick! There's a ton of equipment on that .. I especially like the wheel lift.

Thanks Mike, I found a 'wrecked' wrecker at a scrap yard and was able to crawl all over it and dissassemble a few things to see how they worked.

Nice job, Nick...and "Holmes Sweet Holmes"...I lol'd.

I'm glad you picked up on that Chris!

Nick

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

Thanks Mike, this actually only used about 3-5 parts from revells Wrecker of the 90's molded in Orange, originally released as the Captain Hook wrecker, I used the hood (which you can see is still bleeding even though it was sealed), chassis pan, rear differential, interior tub, and dash, I think that's it. the rest came from a built up Revell Hot Rod truck or the parts box, or I scratchbuilt it, I got lucky on references I found a '82 C30 with Holmes 440 Wrecker in a local scrapyard and used it along with some brochure photo's (GMC & Holmes) to finish the truck.

I do have a set of blue prints for a Jerr-Dan Rollback.............................

On the Roll Back, I know ya do, I designed them sent them to ya an neva heard another woid !

Nick, on this build, the G M C , ya done good son. I would have never thought you of all the people on this forum that has learned so much in a small span time .

On the Roll Back, I know ya do, I designed them sent them to ya an neva heard another woid !

Nick, on this build, the G M C , ya done good son. I would have never thought you of all the people on this forum that has learned so much in a small span time .

Still haven't gotten to it Ed, I will Eventually .

Thanks Ed

• 6 years later...