Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Ford Custom

slusher

Here is my 49 Ford custom. it is painted in a Gm burgandy, interior is testors sand beige. The tires are from the amt chevy 1500 sportside, wheels are from the kit. the decal was made by a friend of mine. All comments welcome...

49fordcustomfront_zps3dacf6d8.jpg

49fordcustom2_zps84e06890.jpg

49fordcustomrear_zps5ef387a6.jpg

49fordcustomside_zps0802583f.jpg

Edited by slusher

VERY nice! I've got one of these in the works which I hope turns out as nice as this one.

One question: Where did you get the skirts from? I need some to replicate a friends car, and there aren't any in my kit. Did you scratch build them? If so, I'd appreciate some tips on how to do it.

VERY nice! I've got one of these in the works which I hope turns out as nice as this one.

One question: Where did you get the skirts from? I need some to replicate a friends car, and there aren't any in my kit. Did you scratch build them? If so, I'd appreciate some tips on how to do it.

Fred. I mean Carl. : ) You have a knack for laying down a nice smooth paint job. The car looks great. Are your exhaust tips painted black ?

Johann l sent you a pm on a set of skirts. l think l still have some.

Ray, l am still getting a laugh out of that. l forgot to paint the end of the pipes l am not really great at noticing details. l will fix it. one of my favorite builds...