Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International ProStar build. Cab mounted, 6-21-14

cool, can't wait to see some updated pic's. I too have since started building one of these kits, so far I am loving it for fit/finish, a far cry from the old amt kits, lol.

It's a BIG difference between the two! I've had a few difficulties between the two, and had to make some modifications, but it's been a great build.

Ahh, Yes.....This is coming along very nicely.....I love the stretch.....That's what a Prostar in this spec ought to look like....I can never get enough of this truck....I have 3 more to build......Still looking for more....Man, that red looks good on that motor....Great job on the APU, too...

Thanks J.T. I've been having some small problems with this kit, and I've noticed a few things that are not close to correct (the quarter fenders are WAY too far forward!). Other than that, I wouldn't mind having about 4 more of these to work on and customize. I've already compleated the fan that attaches to the back of the cab. I got lucky finding the tiny fan on the APU, and the larger fan on the sleeper wall. I'm in the process of doing the interior, and adding the little details to it.

By the way J.T., I almost forgot to say thank you to you for the help with the stretch! If it hadn't been for you I wouldn't have known where to cut and add. Thank you again!!! :)

Edited by Custom Hearse

Cool Ben!!! I just looked through to see if you had started a post, but didn't find one. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you do on yours!

It seems like the ProStar is the truck model of choice lately. They've been popping up all over the truck forum. I'm hopeing Moebius does another truck kit... I would love to see a kit of a 379 XL done by them. THAT would be cool!

Enjoy building the ProStar and let me know when you've started posting!!!!!!!

Cool Ben!!! I just looked through to see if you had started a post, but didn't find one. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you do on yours!

It seems like the ProStar is the truck model of choice lately. They've been popping up all over the truck forum. I'm hopeing Moebius does another truck kit... I would love to see a kit of a 379 XL done by them. THAT would be cool!

Enjoy building the ProStar and let me know when you've started posting!!!!!!!

I haven't started a post because I can't post photos on here. Not sure what's going on. Looked on the how to post photo thread as well. If you look on ozautobuilders.com its there in the truck section. Will try again. Cheers.

Ben

Edited by Bennyg

Here's 5 more:

007_zps940964a6.jpg

008_zps871040ab.jpg

009_zps40f7321a.jpg

010_zpsfe5a6365.jpg

011_zps0fcd5128.jpg

A BIG thank you goes out to Keone2013 for the DOT tape! Thank you so much my friend!!!

Let me know what you think...

You're welcome my friend. The Prostar is looking great. I'm going to get me another one soon. Can't wait to see it finished.

Got the exhaust stacks mounted to the truck today. Couldn't figure out how I was gonna do it until I got an idea. I put the plastic kit stacks together, then cut off about a 1/4 of an inch at the bottom. I sanded the edges a bit, the snugged the plastic pieces into the end of the aluminum tubing. I then added glue to the plastic pieces and pushed the tubing onto the pieces. I was able to glue the aluminum stacks onto the truck with no problems.

006_zps2f417965.jpg

002_zps37352485.jpg

Thats exactly how i do it, connect bigger stacks to smaller plastic. My cabover is done that way. These 1:1 trucks are purposely built stubby, sucks the trailer close for fuel mileage, i think it looks goofy, but im still and always will be a fan of wheelbase and cool lookin trucks. Think ill post some pics on the 1:1 page.

Saw the Pete pics you posted, those are nice! I've gotta finish my stretched AMT Turnpiker. I lost my interest in it when I tried to use Round2s decals and they fell apart. I tried using the decals for the Daisy Duke '74 Road Runner, and they fell apart as well. The only decals that I've used from Round2 that didn't fall apart was the Batmobile decals... oh well.

Anywho, I've been happy with this kit!

Stacks look good....I like that look....Nice work on the bunk for the interior, too....That's another thing to look out for.....The cab, probably, won't set level with the rear cab mounts in the current position....They need to be raised a couple mm's to get the right look....Or you could just add a spacer on top of them.....Forgot to warn you about that....

Thanks for the warning J.T.!!! The interior isn't glued in yet, it's just sitting there. The "bed" is an experiment. I trying to see if it looks right. I will add a bed though. I didn't have a couch in the ProStar I drove.

I saw 2 things in the instructions for the interior that made me wonder... One was the seat bases needs to be switched. They have the seat belt connectors next to the doors, they should be facing the other seat. And the shifter knob is backwards. The overhang on the knog should be facing the dashboard...

Thanks for the compliment, and the advice J.T.! I really appreciate your input!

That is definitely cool Keone! I need to add a smaller bed to this for sure, yours looks just right! Thanks for the photos, they will be a big help!!!

Take in mind that this is a stretched double cab. Its 2 lonestar sleepers put together.

I can tell the bunk on mine is too large by comparing it to the rest of the interior. It should be narrower and shorter. On the ProStar I drove, there was an open space at the end of the bunk on the passenger side of the sleeper(I used to set my TV and the DVD player down in it when I was driving). I also noticed that the upper cubby holes are missing above the sleeper windows are missing, but I'm not gonna add them.

I've got a problem that I don't know what to do to fix it. I can't seem to get the hood to mount to the frame. There is a slot on the instructions that shows where to mount the hinges, but there is no slot on mine. the slot is not open, so the hinges don't have anywhere to mount. Anyone else having this problem?