Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International ProStar build. Cab mounted, 6-21-14

Not looking bad at all Marshall! There is only one thing I noticed you are missing so far, the "Werner" mudflaps! Just in case you don't have any pics for them, I got you covered!

HPIM4099.jpg

If you need them, here are the door decals, too.

HPIM4095_zpsd1c669a0.jpg

I'll have to check my laptop and my external hard drives, because they are not in the pics of my old Pete on Photobucket, but I'm pretty sure I have the DOT numbers and even the Werner DOT inspection "arrow" decal too.

Yeah....It looks like your radiator is mounted a smidge too far back.....I'd say just take a screwdriver and widen it a little and touch it up.....Shouldn't be too hard to fix.....You only need a mm or so.....

I thought about a Dremel with a round grinder. I noticed that the frame on yours is shaped differently. Anyway, I've been detailing the interior with some photo-etched pices that I bought years ago. The tree has CD's, coat hangers, sunglasses, tools, and a whole bunch of other odds and ends. Do you know if anyone makes a 1/24-25th scale baseball cap? Thanks for the advice J.T.

Not looking bad at all Marshall! There is only one thing I noticed you are missing so far, the "Werner" mudflaps! Just in case you don't have any pics for them, I got you covered!

If you need them, here are the door decals, too.

I'll have to check my laptop and my external hard drives, because they are not in the pics of my old Pete on Photobucket, but I'm pretty sure I have the DOT numbers and even the Werner DOT inspection "arrow" decal too.

Thanks Matt! I couldnt remember if the Werner mudflaps were black or white. I've contacted Modeltrucking .com to see if they were going to make Werner decals, but they never contacted me back, and I have no clue as to how to make decals... If you know of anyone tell them to contact me!

I've still got a lot of little things to make for the truck, but it's coming along. Thanks for the compliment, and if you see something that doesn't look quite right, let me know.

Anyway... I'm going back to the old electronic brain (if you grew up watching Bugs Bunny, you'll get that joke).

I thought about a Dremel with a round grinder. I noticed that the frame on yours is shaped differently. Anyway, I've been detailing the interior with some photo-etched pices that I bought years ago. The tree has CD's, coat hangers, sunglasses, tools, and a whole bunch of other odds and ends. Do you know if anyone makes a 1/24-25th scale baseball cap? Thanks for the advice J.T.

I have one from the tamiya accessories kit. Do you want it?

Thanks Matt! I couldnt remember if the Werner mudflaps were black or white. I've contacted Modeltrucking .com to see if they were going to make Werner decals, but they never contacted me back, and I have no clue as to how to make decals... If you know of anyone tell them to contact me!

I've still got a lot of little things to make for the truck, but it's coming along. Thanks for the compliment, and if you see something that doesn't look quite right, let me know.

Anyway... I'm going back to the old electronic brain (if you grew up watching Bugs Bunny, you'll get that joke).

Check out Jeff @ Firebird Designs. That's who did my decals.

An easy way, at least for the mudflaps and license plates, to make them is take the pic, reduce it to the size you need in a photo program, and print it on photo paper. Then just glue it to the flaps or mount the plate.

An easy way, at least for the mudflaps and license plates, to make them is take the pic, reduce it to the size you need in a photo program, and print it on photo paper. Then just glue it to the flaps or mount the plate.

Thanks Matt! I'll have to give that a try!

great work so far! i'm following this as I have the kit as well, it will be my second truck kit.

did your truck have the airconditioning/heater box mounted on the back of the cab?

slightly off topic, how did the prostar drive? (I/m a truck driver here in Australia)

I got the slot ground out, hopefully it won't be a problem. Still working on the interior... I need to make a few small things to add... This may take awhile. :wacko:

Hey man. I didn't forget about you. I've been busy with work all week. I will mail it out tomorrow morning.

Did you buy that electronic brain at Acme by any chance?

great work so far! i'm following this as I have the kit as well, it will be my second truck kit.

did your truck have the airconditioning/heater box mounted on the back of the cab?

slightly off topic, how did the prostar drive? (I/m a truck driver here in Australia)

Thanks Matt!

The truck had a APU (Alternate Power Unit) installed on the truck. It's like a reefer unit installed on the truck itself so it saved fuel not haveing to idle... Which companys get touchy about.

The proStar was a nice driver, but if you've ever driven a Volvo 780, that beat the International hands down for a smooth riding truck!

Hey man. I didn't forget about you. I've been busy with work all week. I will mail it out tomorrow morning.

No problem! I've been busy adding other little details to the interior.

Sunglasses to the dash, keys to the ignition, C.D's in cases sitting on the passenger seat, C.D. in the stereo, GPS on the dashboard, Qualcomm on the passenger side, shifter switch, seat organizer, map book for the seat organizer, hangers hanging from the passenger closet... I know there's something else I'm forgetting. I'll post pics of the mess (I guess that's why they call the PE parts, "interior junk" :lol: )

I really appreciate the help and parts you've given me! I have nothing to complain about!!! B)

Acme has some good products, and they ship fast too :D

I didn't get to order it... I had to go in person to get instructions on some very important and dangerous parts. They told me to make sure I paid attention to what they were saying and something or other, I didn't quite know what they were blabbing about or other... :blink::lol:

No problem! I've been busy adding other little details to the interior.

Sunglasses to the dash, keys to the ignition, C.D's in cases sitting on the passenger seat, C.D. in the stereo, GPS on the dashboard, Qualcomm on the passenger side, shifter switch, seat organizer, map book for the seat organizer, hangers hanging from the passenger closet... I know there's something else I'm forgetting. I'll post pics of the mess (I guess that's why they call the PE parts, "interior junk" :lol: )

I really appreciate the help and parts you've given me! I have nothing to complain about!!! B)

Cool. Can't wait to see some interior shots. It needs some pizza boxes in the sleeper and maybe a dog up front.

I have the CMK photo etch set, it has the grille in it for the apu unit that looks like its under the bunk on one side of the truck. would those trucks have the unit on the back of the cab as well?

sorry to be a pain(e), does the couch convert to a bed? or can you chose to get a bed instead of the couch? I want to put a bed into my cab when I build it.

Edited by window