Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint organizer

This may only be useful to fellow Canadians, but I was browsing through my wife's favourite store (Dollarama) one day and this item caught my eye as a possible solution to my paint storage issue:

20140314_135241.jpg

I already have a paint cabinet built that has all my spray paints and Testors glass jars, but I needed somewhere to store my growing selection of Vallejo paints that would be allow me to see everything at a glance. Turns out this little lipstick organizer is a good fir for the Vallejo bottles.

20140314_135306.jpg

20140314_135547.jpg

I also did a test fit and the Testors 1/4 oz bottles fit these organizers like a glove:

20140317_124649.jpg

Happy modelling. B)

i swear we have the worst dollar themed stores on this continent.

I can NEVER find the steals and deals in these stores here. I've waited two halloweens and 4th of july's to see if any of them would get the fiber optic flashlights and they have yet to get them. I cant even find cheap legos to make my casting boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

that's a good idea. this may help as well, I found this in wal mart, it's for holding spools of thread. I strung some rubber bands between the pegs to keep the jars on it. seems to work ok for me [could use a touch more modifying though]

photo_zpsf488395e.jpg

• 2 months later...

Check out instructables for some ideas on how to make some paint organizers. Search for nail polish holders and it pretty remarkable what they have.

Bob Gregory

Ruining one model at a time.

What is "instructables"?