Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Board logo's dead

It's something to do with SubSilver, Gregg...I just went through each of them and the ones that have a space for the logo have it working. The top one (BB something) says yourlogo though.

Personally if it was available I'd be using Solaris :D

http://www.jakob-persson.com/templates/solaris

You already have at least one other of his on the list, and, best of all, it's free :D

• 1 month later...
This is too weird

It shows up for me, reset, empty, new window, etc., it's there.

Wonder if it's a PC thing?

Did you empty your cache memory? That's where the browser stores files (for example images), so they don't have to be downloaded each and every time they appear on a web page. They can stay there for a long time, especially if you always go to the same web sites. So the browser can still pull the image from the cache memory, and it will appear on your screen even if the link is dead.

A new window, restart etc. won't work, you have to delete all the temporary files that your browser has stored. The link is obviously dead, so the image must be stored somewhere on your computer.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the board, Tracy. What you are seeing is because the board used to be on the standard PhP forum. When the forum was switched to this system (apparently called IP, I'm not as familiar with it as I am with some others) the emoticons, also known as smileys, don't match up. The new forum here has diffrent ones, and the coding used to show them is slightly diffrent.

There's a few more now, and I'll shoot Gregg my collection that I've "borrowed" from various other internet sources and see if he wants to add even more...but probably won't do that until I get back early next week. This one is my favorite: :P

When I logged on the other day, I was surprised to see the page looked TOTALLY different :P The first thing I noticed was the missing "check" marks for new posts or reply's. Now there are colored suitecases next to the topics. Being color-blind, I miss the check marks, is there anyway to get the check marks back ?? or some other way to let me know of new posts or reply's to new posts ??

STEVE