Model Cars Magazine Forum

By the way, that first post I made is a joke. It's true. But, meant to be a joke since you weren't very specific in your question. I assume your asking about radial airplane engines? If so, what's not to like? My all time favorite airplane, the Beech 17 Stagerwing was power by radials. And AMT made a very nice kit of this plane many years ago. Still have. 1/48th scale and the engine is hidden under the front cowling, so you don't see much of it. So it's not very detailed.

Yes radials are cool. But, what do you want to know specifically?

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Radial engines are neat, Have several in the stash. The really BIG one from Revell which was originally Renwal. Some from the Williams Brothers in 1/12th and 1/32. After seeing a couple of 1:1 bikes built with Radials would like to try putting one in a 1/12th bike kit.

S56-18.jpg

The sound of one of these monsters is a joy to be heard. The Henderson Municipal Airport is the home of a restored F6F Hellcat and an F4U Corsair. Nearly every Sunday I hear one of them flying about as my house is nearby.

What do you plan on doing?

G