Model Cars Magazine Forum

B-N-L Resin

I meant no disrespect to Kevin... I just found ir a bit rude that he would in this post try to direct someone to go to a different vendor for the same type of product... That is all... I do not know Kevin personally and will go with eveeryone on here that he is a great guy... I just thought the situation was a little off... Dan

What I am finding in this business is that a lot of people do not do the research or they make posts without accurate information. And for the guy they are slamming or talking about has not done anything wrong. Blue Oval reported I copied his visor, I proved to him I DID NOT and he removed the post. Dimaxon accused me of making shabby items and he thought I was someone else and apologized after I said I don't make the parts he's referring too. So please before you make comments, get it right because all your doing is making it harder for the good guys to make quality products and stay in business. A lot of sales are by word of mouth and blowing off steam on these forums when you don't have your facts right just hurts the little guy.

Ben

Yes I did mistakenly reply to the BNL Thread . I do aplolgize and will try to remove my mistaken Post . I did get it confused with another caster I recently bought from . The parts for BNL are on the list to get . To answer the 390 question ; it is an FE Engine . The 351 is still a question mark for me . Cleveland or Windsor is like comparing a W block to a SBC . Are you saying as I've heard beford 265 SBC parts will exchange with (sic.-all SBC)as in the let's say the Gen III SBC . I've heard this many times as a Parts Counter Person . There are many Parts books to dispute this claim . Thanx ..

The 351 is still a question mark for me . Cleveland or Windsor is like comparing a W block to a SBC . Are you saying as I've heard beford 265 SBC parts will exchange with (sic.-all SBC)as in the let's say the Gen III SBC . I've heard this many times as a Parts Counter Person . There are many Parts books to dispute this claim . Thanx ..

I mentioned the 351C vs 351W issue in post 6. I hope it gets fixed in the catalog, but I'm not holding my breath.

• 1 year later...

Ben, could you tell me what kit etc. you used for that center section of your 4 Barrel Carburetor, sure looks awful familiar to me. I'm all ears...

bnl_4_barrel_carb.jpg

BNL 4 Barrel Carburetor

ptmc67.jpg

Pro Tech's Barry Grant Demon Carburetor

(mastered by Jeff Sauber exclusively for Pro Tech)

Charlie

Pro Tech

Might be better to PM or e-mail him, Charlie:

Last Active OFFLINE Nov 27 2013 11:30 AM

Casey, The reason I didn't PM or email him is due to the following reasons.

I have had a few people tell me that one of BNL carburetor sure looks alot like part of my Demon carburetor (PTMC 67). So instead of those people wondering (and myself) I thought Ben could offer an explanation to the question I posted. If he can explain where that part of his carburetor came from he could clear up the wondering by all. If he cannot explain his actions to produce the carburetor in question wouldn't we all want to know ? I know I would as a possible customer. I run a reputable company and think others in the industry should do the same, if they can't they should not be doing business as it hurts those trying to do the right "and ethical" thing. Just one last note, I'm not sure how it fits into this situation but I went back through my books and found a order that Ben (BNL Resins) placed for.... are you ready? 2 Demon carburetors, hmmm, I wonder what he used those for?

Charlie

Pro Tech

When I bought them from you, a long time ago (I don't believe it was 4 months ago, maybe Oct 2012), is when I first started doing this. I didn't think that it was wrong because I wasn't using the entire replica of your piece. I used the top. I've since learned the business and had honestly forgot they were on the web site-- because they don't sell.
I do apologize for it and I do know better at this point in my career. I will make a scan of my 450 items on my site. Also, as a business man I try to keep my business honest and don't step on toes on purpose. Just like this business or any other business you live and learn. No need to bash someone on forums.

When I bought them from you, a long time ago (I don't believe it was 4 months ago, maybe Oct 2012), is when I first started doing this. I didn't think that it was wrong because I wasn't using the entire replica of your piece. I used the top. I've since learned the business and had honestly forgot they were on the web site-- because they don't sell.
I do apologize for it and I do know better at this point in my career. I will make a scan of my 450 items on my site. Also, as a business man I try to keep my business honest and don't step on toes on purpose. Just like this business or any other business you live and learn. No need to bash someone on forums.

Ben, yes you're right, you bought them from me Oct. 2012 not Oct. 2013 (my typo via email). The point of my post was not to bash you on the forum, I just wanted an explanation as to what you used for your master. You know if you were to come to me and ask if there was a way you could use that part of my master maybe we could have worked something out and none of this would have happened. But when someone goes and uses a original master (that I paid good money for to Jeff Sauber) without even contacting the owner of the piece that becomes a whole new ball game and the reason that I made my post. That being said I do accept your apology and I'm glad your learning the business and if you keep your operation "clean" you could go far and make a reputable name for yourself such as I have for Pro Tech. I do wish you well for the future of your business.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Just received my order from BNL today, it was placed on February 23, very quick turnaround for any resin caster in my book. A quick examination of the parts looks like they are very crisp, sharp lines where there are supposed to be sharp lines and nice round edges where they are meant to be. There is very little if any flash, what there is will easily clean up with a light sanding before use.

Ben's Nailhead Buick engine is very nice too,, the fine detailing is not lost in the casting. The other small block Chevrolet stuff, heads, intakes, air cleaners and aftermarket based valve covers are equally as nice. I had looked at BNL's stuff a while ago, wasn't sure about dealing with Ben as I had never heard anything about BNL; after checking out this thread earlier I am glad I took the "chance" and bought his stuff, it's nice.

Also, Thanks to those who recommended Ben's stuff, we need more honest recommendations like this. We also need the Hack Alerts when someone is passing off junk. So when you deal with one of the aftermarket sellers let others know about your dealings went and the product quality.