Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #178 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

I vote REAL. The chrome around the wheel wells is nearly perfect, the thin white walls are perfect, the drivers' door is hanging a touch low out of alignment, the see through grille, the interior in the back seat area, the hub caps look real, the chrome trim around the windows and the front bumper looks real. But it could be a large 1/18th scale diecast model, or a real nice 1/24-1/25th scale diecast. I can be wrong again, have been many times before. Good one Harry. Bill and other guys see something that tells them this is a model but I can't see what they see. I haven't seen one of these cars in decades so I am not very familiar with the car. I still say REAL Maybe I need to flip that coin again. Patrick M

Ya Got me Harry! The steering wheel and windshield trim looked like it could be a model but then I noticed the headlights behind the grille and what appeared to be screws holding the wheel opening mouldings in place and went with real.

I guess my streak starts over again on November 21. That was a good one and I hope the next one is equally difficult.

Okay! I thought I was right about this one!

One of the things I noticed as beautiful as this model is------was the roofline didn't have that right Toronado "swoop" to my eyes. Now that of course is subjective, as seeing it from other angles it's dang near perfect! Also, the model is missing an antenna.......one of the items I'm sure was standard for all Toros for 1966 was at least an AM radio. ;)

One of the things I never noticed about Toros is that their windshield wipers were not in tandem, but in an opposed position and overlapping. Something I've never took note of in all the years I've seen this car since I was a kid.

I've got to look up and see who built this FANTASTIC model! I couldn't rival something like this in a million years!

TOTALLY SCRATCHBUILT?? Wow!! :o

I too noticed the absence of an antenna. Also, to me, the wiper blades appear to be lacking. The side view mirror appears to be heavy and not the slim shape of a real one. And lastly, the headrest on the drivers seat seemed too rigid as if it were made of plastic. This is why I voted model.