Model Cars Magazine Forum

Land Rover 109 LWB Service Van

Hi folks, here is model no5 for me this year, an Italeri Land Rover 109 LWB. I converted this into a van by panelling out the rear windows and used the double front bumper from the military Land Rover and painted it white with red chevron stripes to give it a more purposeful look. Painted in the same red as my Routemaster bus, I decided to use the London Transport decals from my other bus kit and turn it into a breakdown/service van as these were actually used by London Transport. The roof beacon and the rear facing spotlamps were from the Italeri truck accessories kit, the door lettering is rub down Letraset and as usual, KFS supplied the number plates and tax disc along with the baseball cap, the scaled down London A-Z street map book and the resin coffee mug sat on the dashboard. Scale rubber sheet was used for the huge rear mud flaps traditionally seen on old Land Rovers and a couple of old stickers in the back window and she was done. It did fight me in some places as this is quite an old kit originally tooled by Esci so in some places, the fit is not quite that good. As usual, all thoughts and comments are welcome and thank for looking.

2013-05-31185959_zpsee20b96e.jpg

2013-05-31190016_zpsb2e82eda.jpg

2013-05-31190032_zps61fe06d1.jpg

2013-05-31190047_zps0bca2e4d.jpg

Many thanks for all of your positive comments ,guys, like I said in the text it was a challenging build what with it being a rereleased kit but using old moulding so when you get positive feedback from friends like yourselves, it makes you glad that you stuck with it because believe me, this kit very nearly went in the bin on numerous occasions!!

• 2 weeks later...