Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time Attack Widebody Lancer Evolution 8 (UPDATE: ALMOST Done!)

Kennyboy

This project is for next month's local club build......"Modern Muscle"

Always wanted to do something like this so I went to the "JDM Drawer" of the stash and pulled out the Fujimi Evo 7 kit. The kit is VERY crisp on detail but what it does lack in is that certain EVO attitude......basically, the kit portrays the EVO as a Ralliart style Lancer. The body is very ho-hum on width and the wheels look like they are MAYBE sixteen inch diameter. Ok, enough of that......

The goal of this build is to bring the attitude of a full-on track fighter. Think Varis, HKS, Chargespeed, and maybe a little Voltex mixed in for good measure. The wheels are Pegasus 23" sleeves with the five spoke modular's from the Shelby Series 1 kit (I think they look pretty darn close to SSR Professor's) we'll get to the wheel's later though.....body first!

I started the body aspects with a quick purchase of an XMODS Evo bodykit......very nicely detailed BUT it is only 1/28 scale, so too small to just cut and paste then paint. I had to use different portions of each piece and blend it with the existing body (which has proven quite challenging but VERY rewarding as well!) There were a few times I was unsure of cutting into the perfect fenders and/or quarters but hey.......if you don't risk it how are you going to go the next level? So here is where I am as of two days ago.......currently sanding the 3rd round of filler. The body has come a LONG way in quite a short amount of time, I am really surprised how it sort of fell together so far........not going to curse myself though so ENJOY!

P1010159_zpslwvc8l0m.jpg

P1010161_zpseoenkwng.jpg

P1010162_zpsptjgbbp4.jpg

P1010163_zps6mi994xl.jpg

P1010160_zpstjnpzlv4.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

Thank you guys for the support and the laughs!..........got first primer on it, did the 2nd round of filler and wetsanded today......what you see here is the 3rd round of filler in some spots (oops! got to cut out the other front vent!) Getting real close to the next phase (which will be all the aero pieces....which will be scratchbuilt.)

P1010176_zpsap9dh6ks.jpg

P1010174_zpsh4zk4xib.jpg

P1010177_zps86cazdqr.jpg

P1010179_zpsj25aw05j.jpg

P1010175_zpsnd4i38ay.jpg

Decided on the "Main" color today.....Kandy gold!

The color was achieved by basecoating black, then using HOK Galaxy Grey, followed by HOK Kandy Pagan Gold. I will more than likely use another color with this (possibly black) to compliment and add to the Time Attack look I am going for. Wheel shots will be later........they are drying. For now though..........ENJOY!

P1010195_zpstofvxgla.jpg

P1010194_zpseoowc2nl.jpg

P1010186_zpskv9lctbf.jpg

P1010183_zps6hzuyfan.jpg

P1010182_zpsdukg9vxq.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy