Model Cars Magazine Forum

new missing link 1965 buick wildcat!

My dad had a 65 Wildcat

black over Silver with black interior (Yes it Could get HOT, but it had Air Conditioning)

His had a split Bench seat (Fold down Armrest) and Rectangular

Gauge Not the twin pods of the kit dash.

He broke MANY drive shaft with that 455 Nail!!!

I did a Simulation out of an original 66 that I rebuilt Many years ago

I call it simulation due to Darker Charcoal Metallic I painted it instead of Silver

besides being a 66 and not 65.

I used a Bench seat out of a Jo-Han 66 Caddy Ambulance.

Yes I cut down the center section to simulate the fold-down armrest.

I have a complete unbuilt 65 kit, but, like this one.

I have at least 2 "Customising" series re-issues I could use

But, Yes I would look for a Different dash and Bench seat!!

I ordered the '65 Wildcat resin transkit from Kevin @Missing Link.

Kevin was a pleasure to deal with! The kit was shipped promptly, and was very carefully packaged. This led me to ordering more stuff from Missing Link. Very high quality; I am very pleased with all of the items I purchased.

For anyone who's interested, here's a little update on my experience with the transkit. First of all, I was lucky to stumble across a fellow modeler who was selling parts of an *original* AMT '65 Wildcat built-up. I got a rolling chassis with engine and original "Rally wheels", and the complete interior. All of this fit like a glove when installed in the Missing Link body. I have since received an AMT '66 Wildcat built-up. I carefully disassembled the '66, and found that all of it's main components (chassis, interior, "glass") all fit just fine in the Missing Link body. So, I can definitely recommend the AMT '66 Wildcat as the donor kit for this project.

When I acquired the aforementioned '65 Wildcat parts, the one thing that I didn't get was the "glass", which set me off on a wild goose chase to find it. In the course of my search and investigation, I got hold of the glass from an original AMT '65 Chevy Impala. The Impala glass fit the Resin Wildcat body, with minor alteration. Since the '66 Impala is virtually identical glass to the '65 Impala, it should fit also. Finally, I believe that the glass from the AMT '65 Pontiac Bonneville will fit too, although I haven't been able to get hold of a test sample to confirm. Obviously, the easiest way to avoid such challenges is to get the AMT '66 Wildcat and be done with it. Since I'm a cheapskate, I didn't want to pay for a complete '66 kit or built-up, so I went looking for individual parts. ;-)

I really like the Missing Link '65 Wildcat kit, and highly recommend it to you.

Oh well. Guess I can still bash one together from the damaged '64 I have and a '65 convertible, but one of your bodies would have been way better.

Sorry & thanks for the kind words, if anything i make isnt worth tooling again i dont tool it up...got plenty of other things to make molds of!