Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bench Pics: '65 Malibu Kustom

Mr. Metallic

Based on Revells '65 Chevelle Z-16 kit. It's got the wheel covers from the Revell '59 Impala, straight 6 from the Trumpeter '63 Nova, and the rest is mostly modified from kit parts. I am also using the open grille from Rep+Min of Md. You can see the colors I've chosen in the last pic, as well as the newly lowered suspension parts. Thanks for looking, and as always. comments and questions are welcome. Click the link for more pics.

100_0408-vi.jpg

100_0652-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/crstan/noslow-moti...ects/page2.html

It is going to be one clean machine. Where if I might ask did you get the fat whitewall tires? 8)

I think the shadow may be making them look fatter than they are. They are from the AMt '62 Catalina Custom froma few years ago. I grab those kits cheap whenever I see them, great parts kit. Button tuft interior, white walls, sweet chromed steel wheels, sidepipes, clear steering wheel, beuatiful detailed engine, the list goes on.

I like the looks of that build. Good color choice too. Do you have a good shot of the grille from Rep+Min of Md?

I'll try to get better pics of the grille for you next time. It's mastered by Lyle, and is super nice. It's designed to work with the MCG photoetch grille, but I'm not going that route.