Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Joe, I am so jealous! It just keeps getting better and better! That exhaust is a work of art. Keep going man!!!

Totally wicked, Joe! This project/build is definitely a favorite of mine!

Thx. so much guys especially coming from 2 great builders such as yourselves. Thx. for the help again Clay i can't thank you enough.

Couple more pictures just for fun. I have the other side roughed in so now i can get to finishing them.

3-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

Couple more pictures just for fun.

Hey, the more pics, the more fun (pleasure) for us too Joe. :D

Man, you have been busy since my last visit mate....GREAT work! B) That exhaust system and inlet plumbing are to "die for" man....TOP shelf work. (insert thumbs up here)

The whole package is truly a remarkable build Joe, a real credit to you my friend. :wub:

Hey, the more pics, the more fun (pleasure) for us too Joe. :D

Man, you have been busy since my last visit mate....GREAT work! B) That exhaust system and inlet plumbing are to "die for" man....TOP shelf work. (insert thumbs up here)

The whole package is truly a remarkable build Joe, a real credit to you my friend. :wub:

Thx. Greg, I'm trying hard and it frys my Brain once in a while lol.

incredible work joe. have you given any thought to paint yet?

Thx. Dave, As far as paint, i have decided it won't have the big trim in the back. i have seen 1:1 promods like this and it looked fine. For colors, I have German silver,white,red and black in mind. Just not sure on what's going where and which ones i'm using lol.

Finished up the Bull Horns, Painted alclad high polish aluminum with some transparent yellow where they exit the turbo's to simulate heat. i added a styrene ring to the exhaust where it exits the turbo's then added a piece of printing plate to simulate the main part of a V-band clamp. I used some aluminum tube,brass wire and a nut on the end to finish it off. I wanted to do it another way that would have looked more realistic but the plate kept kinking, so after 10 tries i gave up. Still need to add the O2 sensors.

004-vi.jpg

6-vi.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Hey guys. I have some bad news. I was originally going to sell this build then decided not to, Well i was hurt at work pretty good friday 3rd shift into saturday morning. So now i have to go out of work on comp and that's not going to cut it $$ wise so i had to sell this build for the extra cash. Not sure i would have been able to finish it at this point do to the extent of the injuries to my hand, I'm still going to need some surgeries. Hopefully at some point i will be able to get back to modeling and build something else, but at this point just worried about getting back to work sometime. I would like to thank everyone for there support and help and kind words during this build and hopefully the new owner will finish it off nicely and give me credit for building 90% of it when someone asks. I would like to give a Big thank you to Dave(comp1839) with out him this build wouldn't have been as accurate as it is and also thx. to Clay Kemp for taking the time to help me through this build also and Jim(micronitro) for making all the cool aluminum parts for it. This took forever to type one handed lol.

Joe

Joe... I am so sorry to hear about your hand. I will be praying for a speedy recovery and that the surgeries go well. That is a bummer that you had to sell this beautiful build but I understand the situation. I am sure gonna miss seeing updates on this build. I sure hope to see you do another 1/16th pro mod after your hand heals. You are a talented builder. I will tell you this much if we see this build completed by who ever bought it, we will know it was your work.