Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Not all today but within the past few days picked up the new LaFerrari and McLaren F1 GTR kits as well as lots of goodies from 81 resin, including a hood, roof, head and tail lights and F20C engine for my S2000 project, as well as the LB performance body kits for both the Murcielago and Aventador and some wheels and photoetch taillight inserts for BRZ/FR-S kits.

SANY0221.jpg

SANY0226.jpg

This arrived today, a 57 year old kit in surprisingly good condition. The box is shown here actual size, much smaller than I remember them being (it's 1.32nd scale). Note the intriguing logo.

It has the original price tag from Franz Carl Weber, Zürich's biggest toy shop of SFR6.50, approximately US$1.50 in 1956. I paid SFR28, which works out today at around US$26, a good price if you like this sort of thing.

3c2721a0-4c06-45b8-856f-996e347a8032_zps

Here are some, but not all of the parts (the kit is complete).

4969ce2f-5a53-4dd9-bbad-d25a4911287a_zps

And the instructions...

d546b077-dfb8-49a8-b021-025fe07a8827_zps

Edited by peekay

Picked up this 1969 Buick Wildcat off of eBay last week, got it today in the mail

003_zps735b524d.jpg

004_zps35f561f0.jpg

10 minutes after that picture was taken the body/parts were in the stripper pond, looks like they used Testors spray paint with no primer so I expect it to clean up well.

My Gramma had a brand new 1969 Wildcat just like this, hers was metallic brown with a tan interior and vinyl roof. 430 4 bbl.

She had that car from 1969-74 when she got a new 1974 Buick LeSabre

I remember that car like it was yesterday and want to build an exact replica of it.

Very very cool...love the late 60s big cars!

This arrived today, a 57 year old kit in surprisingly good condition. The box is shown here actual size, much smaller than I remember them being (it's 1.32nd scale).

:wub:

I was surprised how small the original boxes were, too, after seeing one in person. I guess those multi-piece bodies really saved a lot of space.

I went to michaels two day ago. Spent $29 and used a 50% coupon on my phone.

I got the nova kit, 2 cans testors spray and 2 sharpies. I'm doing something wrong!

How'd you get four kits!?

I give my kids and wife each a 50% coupon (printed off the internet) and each one pays for a model. =)

I give my kids and wife each a 50% coupon (printed off the internet) and each one pays for a model. =)

I do the same thing, i love it when the cashier says i cant do that with my 2yr old.......i always ask "why is he not a person?". Most of the time i have to give him cash because they say that i cant use my card on something hes buying.

LMAO!

Yeah depending on the day i just might get pissed and ask for a manager. Most of the time they tell me " i can only do it just this once". Whats funny is there is not age restriction on model kits, spray paint and blades yes but not on kits.

I will see what I can do tonight, should have some time.

Sweet man, thanks!

Yeah depending on the day i just might get pissed and ask for a manager. Most of the time they tell me " i can only do it just this once". Whats funny is there is not age restriction on model kits, spray paint and blades yes but not on kits.

I usually go to Hobby Lobby and they almost always give me a hard time about doing it. Michaels hasn't thrown a fit as of yet. I'll give them time, I'm sure they will.

I got my replacement 57 Chevy today. The one on the right was the first one i got last week, it was said to only have the engine block put together and the rest was still on the trees. Only the chrome was on the trees still and i was missing parts.

The one on the left i bought right after i opened the one on the right. Paid 42.90 for it and its still bagged, only .90 cents more than the first one. lol

11213941444_b90c83fb14_c.jpg
Untitled by jrherald420, on Flickr

I do the same thing, i love it when the cashier says i cant do that with my 2yr old.......i always ask "why is he not a person?". Most of the time i have to give him cash because they say that i cant use my card on something hes buying.

I do the same thing too, although I don't have 2yr old, but Nana and myself will take a couple of coupons and get in seperate lines, but hey there is no age restriction on those coupons, and in my way of looking at it, if you walk up to that counter with money in your hand you are a customer!! :D:D

Thanks Jon! :)

Am I really this old (17) already... I can't fit into Junior category anymore. :blink::lol:

Wait another twenty years....

Last Friday was my twentieth high school class reunion.

About a week before, I was sitting thinking to myself "has it REALLY been this long??"

Hope you enjoyed your birthday, Niko. And enjoy the time ahead- it goes by quick.

Charlie Larkin

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...