Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

eBay strikes again. Got a rare Revell Pro Street three pack with T-bird, Firebird, and Beretta. I say rare since I've only seen two listed. A couple of Hasegawa euro kits. Both come with PE parts and engines. Two Fujimi Asian kits. Both can be made stock or race, and both have engines.
DSCN3887-vi.jpg

Also got new but open Revell/Monogram 911, Monte Carlo SS, and Ford GT40, and a NIB Road Runner. Probably make GT40 a street car and Road Runner into a FnF tribute Hammer style car.
DSCN3892-vi.jpg

Wife bought me the Rehn-Morrison camaro, going to do the grumpy camaro tribute pro stock, the kit looks really clean, as far as the slag on tree an body, has some Hugh rear slicks. Thy are the 2 piece, side wall type. Big clean carbs, really kool kit, here's the box art, also a link too the 3 tribute cars raving.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oL5bGUVBBLI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DoL5bGUVBBLI

Picked up my latest eBay parts score today: one each of the 77, 78, 80, and 81 issues of the MPC squarebody kits for a steal of a deal. Only the 78 issue has suspension, but lots of other bits are in the bunch including a bench seat and the Fall Guy GMC grille! B)

Picked up my latest eBay parts score today: one each of the 77, 78, 80, and 81 issues of the MPC squarebody kits for a steal of a deal. Only the 78 issue has suspension, but lots of other bits are in the bunch including a bench seat and the Fall Guy GMC grille! B)

If I can find the resin long bed and Chevy grille to fit the Fall Guy truck Id have extra short bed and GMC grille....good score there

Last bunch from eBay. The unopened kits and display came from GMS Models. including the new 'Cuda kit. I've seen people post bad things about them, but they do have great pricing. The RX-7 is open but new.
DSCN3897-vi.jpg

A bunch of kit engines. Most appear to be GM, but two are Hemi's. One of the GM engines will go in a 53 Bel Air and the unmarked Hemi will go in a 71 Road Runner.
DSCN3929-vi.jpg

If we had one it would be my 50th in 2014. Graduated in france in 1964(army brat). Last class to graduate too. Charles DeGaule kicked us out of his country that same year.

Ha! I was an army brat too and went to school in Turkey and Germany. The school I went to in Pirmasens, Germany has a Facebook page and I've reunited with some of the kids I knew back then. I was fortunate that my father retired in NJ when I was in high school so I graduated from a US civilian high school!

I met a guy who was a US dependent in Iran back when things got hot and had to leave. Around 1967 we were in Turkey when the Greeks and Turks were threatening war. We dependents all got evacuated from Izmir and sat on US Navy ships in the ocean for a few days. Best time in my young life back then!

Edited by Tom Geiger

These three should be of little interest here, but I can't wait to get into the two McLaren's in particular. I have wanted to build these racecars since the 90's and finally they are available ( I also have two of the new McLaren cars to build)....amd the Tamiya kit of the LaFerrari is just an amazing kit....the detail of the moldings are first rate

.11243659293_e803c181bd.jpg

11243588944_d31717551b.jpg

11243590206_cd16f852ba.jpg

Edited by Peter Lombardo

These three should be of little interest here, but I can't wait to get into the two McLaren's in particular. I have wanted to build these racecars since the 90's and finally they are available ( I also have two of the new McLaren cars to build)....amd the Tamiya kit of the LaFerrari is just an amazing kit....the detail of the moldings are first rate

.11243659293_e803c181bd.jpg

11243588944_d31717551b.jpg

11243590206_cd16f852ba.jpg

I also look forward to all of these builds! Beautiful cars! Where did you get them at?

all three were pre-ordered from my new "bankers" at HLJ (Hobby Link Japan).....I give them more of my money then I give my savings account at the bank. I also have the new Fijimi McLaren MP4-2 pre-ordered in 1/20 scale (looking forward to that one in particular) and a few more to boot. Oh yeah, I forgot, I just got the Studio 27 1/20 Multi-media kit of the Brabham BT-44B (white with the Martini stripes) a few weeks ago. Back in the 70's I built the 1/12 Tamiya kit of that car....the build is long gone, but the memory of that car haunted me so I had to get it.....I now have in 1/20 scale, all of the 1/12 scale cars I built in the 70's......all is good.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...