Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 side marker lights for Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth cars.

Hey guys,

I saw these "in person" or should I say "in marker lights" last Tuesday night at our model car club meeting. GMP440 is one great builder, and is also one of the quiet humble guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting. He lets his cars do the talking. And they do. Two years ago, because of some problems with real MOPARS I owned, I would never have built a Chrysler Motors kit even if Osama bin Laden threatened to blow up my house.

But after seeing "G's" bring to the meeting cars and some he showed at some Mopar events where we had contests, I got sold. G is also a solid member of the local SoFla Mopar club, and they have a doozy down here. Their picnics are to die for.

Now I have at least 5 Mopars in the works, and my goal is not to win a contest with one, but to impress Mr Mopar and that would give me creds.

He is so good at details and accuracies that if a part is wrong or missing, he casually goes out and manufacturers the part, and these side lights are just one example, and to hear him describe the simplicity in doing it, one, it is like hearing Einstein casually describe how he split the atom, and two, I could do it. So, tomorrow on the agenda is off to Micheal's to get some RTV, mold release, and clear casting resin, because G convinced me that I could make headlight lenses, side mirrors, taillights, and headlights for the '32-36 Fords.

I know I don't say too much at the club, but that is because I have some creds there not on my present work, and the core guys in our club are potential GSL winners, and I haven't produced a newly finished car, so generally I keep my mouth rather shut. G brings 'em in and puts them down, and then the crowds gather around his cars, either just finished or new ones.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman