Model Cars Magazine Forum

'07 Shelby GT500

ChevyCoupe41

Okay. Here is my latest project which I started a few days ago. This is my first newer muscle car project and I'm pretty sure that this Shelby is not going to be only one what i build. This project will be box stock build except those chrome wheels wich are from Revell '72 Olds Cutlass. The body color will be silver with blue stripes.

Here some pictures of what's going on now

IMG_1336-vi-th.jpg

IMG_1334-vi-th.jpg

IMG_1335-vi-th.jpg

Great job with the Shelby so far. I'm going to follow this build very closely, that engine looks very good so far and those wheels are much better than the original versions, even if I don't usually like that kind of wheels, but in this car where wheels are "too big" originally, it doesn't matter that much.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally managed to get some kind of update to this. I painted body and body parts with silver in last weekend and the result is pretty good. The paint is from spray can. Chassis and interior is also painted but i dont have any pics of those. Interior color is red and it need another coat of paint on it.

IMG_1408.jpg?t=1334600108

IMG_1410.jpg?t=1334600218

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, the ride height looks good to me. I like to see one Mustang which is NOT Lowered, even if the wheels are changed. It looks kinda factory made anyway even if those wheels aren't original.

Thank's Ira! :)

Shelby is finished now and big thanks for everyone to following and put comments to this project. This was very fun built and it came out one of the best models what i've ever done. It was kind of variation to build this new era muscle car after those many older muscle cars. Finished pics will be posted soon.