Model Cars Magazine Forum

More 1950's Memories (If you're interested)

Wow! What a great video flashback to better days.

A bit before my time, but very cool. I love the cars and the music. Wish I had been about 17 or 18 back in the fifties, it seems like a great time to have been young and carefree. My teenage years came about 20 years later, but I would love to have been there.

Did anyone else catch the drift from the American Graffiti race scene where in the movie the '55 Chevy crashes and burns (which they didn't show) to a shot through flames and then the Jiffy Pop Pop Corn?!?! If I hadn't just watched American Graffiti again the other night I think I may have missed the drift.

Thanks, Rich. Good memories. But, it made me feel a little sad too for some reason.

Don't feel bad. It's nostalgia. We all have it, no matter how old we are. It's just human nature to look back at the "good old days" (whenever those days might have been, depending on how old you are) and wish things were still the same now as they were then.

Cool video. Those were good days long gone. I grew up in the 60's. Anybody remember watching the Bowery Boys and W. C. Fields? I heard that when Mae West signed her autograph she would put a couple of dots on the loops of the "W" to represent boobs. She was quite a gal.