Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Ford Woody

Psychographic

While I'm waiting on a motor, I decided to work on the interior. It's now cemented to the chassis floorpan, the start of the tunnel for the rear to tuck into, and a platform to mount the dash/console from a 39 Wagon Rod. The seats are also from the Wagon Rod. The dash fits the windshield contour perfectly.

PA060568.jpg

PA060569.jpg

PA060570.jpg

While I had the Wagon Rod open, I played around with it for about 20 minutes, this is what I came up with so far.

PA050566.jpg

PA060571.jpg

A little more work on the interior.

Reworked the tunnel and added the accent piece for the rear tunnel.

PA060578.jpg

I really didn't like the "Euro" look of the Wagon Rod dash, but the shape was something I thought I could work with. I made sides for the center section of the dash that flows back into a console out of .030 sheet and covered the top with .010. I'll laminate that with a second layer later.

PA060580.jpg

PA060579.jpg

In place with the seats, everything fits well.

PA060572.jpg

PA060573.jpg

I still can't believe how perfect a fit the dash is. I still have to cap the ends of the dash, but that will have to wait until the door panels are figured out.

PA060574.jpg

PA060576.jpg

Man this is coming out nice! l'm gonna have to get a Wagon Rod! l've been hearing for years they have nice parts.

Thanks. Your '41 Plymouth is looking good.

The Wagon Rod does come with some neat stuff, airide suspension with tubular A arms up front and a 4 link in the back, LS5 (I think ) engine, some cool looking modern seats, it's definitely a good donor kit.

Edited by Psychographic