Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th-Scale Drag Racing Photo Etch Ideas-Info Update 7/18/12

Sorry to hear about your loss Scott, I just had to do that last year to my dog he had a tumor and couldn't pee. Really shame because he was healthy otherwise, about 2 weeks later i went to the SPCA and picked up another best friend, really helped the healing alot.

Thanks Joe. I really appreciate your condolences. It can be really tough. We're planning to start the search for another kitty in a few weeks. Donilee would like to get another Calico, which i'm fine with. Izzy liked to come down and mess with me when I was modeling, every so often. It wasn't every night, but then again, I kept the door shut to the basement often times because she could pick the absolutely "best" time to want to jump on my lap, like when I was just getting ready to super glue something or just getting ready to mix my resin... Or she'd sit on my lap so long that my leg would start to go to sleep because I didn't want to disturb her. Eighteen years went by way too quickly to suit me, no matter how you slice it...

post-7285-0-17611400-1341972143_thumb.jp

Hey Joe,

The plates are available right now, but I'm not sure how much sense it makes to sell them without the buttons. LOL I'm guessing that the buttons will be sometime in the first half of August. The other parts I've got mostly drawn up. I need more cash flow right now to afford to get more stuff sent in. Unfortunately, that hasn't been happening real consistently in the past month or so. Turn around time, once I've submitted a drawing is usually in the 4-6 week range 'til I have the parts in my hands.

I don't know that I feel comfortable selling something that I don't even have in my hand yet. There's always a chance I may have misdrawn something or there is a problem with the etching process. I'm just thinking out loud, which may not be wise... I guess what I'd just as soon do is make the plates available, now, and generate income from that. I have them in hand and see that they've turned out like I expected them to. What would do wonders would be if my 1/25th Fairmont sales would pick up a bit... LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. My stainless order arrived today. I'm at work and it's at home, so I haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully everything turned out well. I'll try to post pics tonight or tomorrow night, depending on how things go at home this evening... There will be self ejecting Dzus buttons in the following sizes: (25/16/12/8); window bezels (25/16/12); fuel cell rings and latches and hold-down straps (25); stainless 2-pc fans (25); zip ties (25/16); fender/header bezels (25/16/12); spark plug wire looms (25); 1 hole spacer/ruler (16); 1 hole spacer/card 25/16); camlock harness (25).

Hey guys,

Here are pics of most of the pieces that are in the larger scale. Shown are 1/16th and 1/12th self-ejecting Dzus buttons, 1/16th window bezels, and 1/16th round and oval fender/header bezels. I haven't received the invoice for this yet so I don't know what the cost is going to be. PM me to let me know what you're interested in and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Scott

post-7285-0-33341600-1343791448_thumb.jp

I wanted to elaborate on my post last night. It was late and I know I didn't do a good job of relating everything I wanted to. My .006 plate of nickel-silver contains the following:

1/25th Dzus plates in four individual styles plus a combo set

1/16th Dzus plates in three styles

1/12th Dzus plates in two styles

1/25th simple dual quad throttle linkage sets (carb throttle levers, bellcranks and arms for linkage)

1/25th Lenco lever grips

1/25th B&M Pro Stick console cover tops

My .004 stainless order will have:

1/25th, 1/16th, 1/12th and 1/8th Dzus self-ejecting buttons

1/25th 2-piece flex fans (70s-80s vintage pro stock type)

1/25th fuel cell ring and latch detail sets

1/25th spark plug wire loom sets

1/25th window bezel sets

1/25th round and oval fender/header bezel sets

1/16th window bezels sets

1/16th round and oval fender/header bezel sets

1/12th oval fender/header set (1)

1/25th fuel cell hold-down straps

1/25th tie wraps (experimental)

1/16th tie wraps (experimental)

1/25th camlock harness sets (2)

One 1/16th ruler/hole spacer with pro stock and pro mod wheel base called out on the ruler

One 1/16th-1/25th card-style ruler/hole spacer

Hopefully, if I did my job and the drawing editor and the etchers all do their jobs, we'll have a decent amount of stuff to work with for at least a little bit.

Stuff I’m working on in either .010” or .016”, most of which applies to larger scales:

1/16th Lenco levers

1/16th drilled rotors

1/16th slotted rotors

1/16th FC/TF/altered cockpit set (butterfly steering wheel, fuel shutoff and chute release levers)

1/16th doorslammer cockpit set (chute release levers, door handles). I’m trying to figure out a steering wheel grip so I can do steering wheels, too…

1/16th clutch/brake/accelerator pedal sets

1/25th and 1/16th trigger wheel sets

1/16th / 1/8th front clip retainer brackets

1/16th NOS upright fuel cell mounts

1/16th hand brake levers

1/16th, 1/8th chassis tabs/brackets

1/16th, 1/12th and 1/8th racing harness

1/16th, 1/12th and 1/8th wheelie bar wheels and brackets

I hope to eventually work on some 1/16th 4-link brackets.

That's about it for now.

WOW!! Can't wait to see it all done!!! i'll be knocking on your door to buy ALOT OF IT!!