Model Cars Magazine Forum

JEDI TIE WING RACER IS FINISHED!

JEDI PILOT!

I painted the pilot to look like Luke Skywalker. Acrylic paint was used for color then I sprayed on some Dullcoat.

DSCN8245J_zps1e346704.jpg

I found some Instrument Panel decals in a Jet Plane Kit. Instead of using the decals I made copies on the printer in a little smaller size. Then I cut out a section that fit and glued it on the Instrument panel.

DSCN8246J_zpsd4d26a08.jpg

Here are the Instruments in place. I also applied a light black wash on Luke to add more detail.

DSCN8259J_zps913344ef.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

I've gotta say Ira, with this amount of imagination on a ficticious build I'm curious to see what the "stuff that exists" builds are like (i.e. cars, planes, and stuff like that) They've gotta be good!!

Thanks Joe!

Don't know, I haven't seen one yet... B)

FLAMES!

I decided to increase the Red area, so I painted a little more Red and straightened up the lines.

DSCN8434J_zpsc7092c54.jpg

I didn't want to apply decals over a Non-Shiny surface so I tried some Future. I brushed the areas where I wanted decals with Future Floor Wax. It's clear acrylic and it worked very well.

DSCN8445J_zpsefca6538.jpg

I cut part of the Flames Decal off so it would fit the area better.

DSCN8453J_zpsb90fa82e.jpg

Here are the decals in place. I decided I didn't like the Flat Finish so I applied a couple coats of Testors Glosscoat. That's about it. I'll be posting photos of the finished Jedi Tie Wing Racer soon!

DSCN8460J_zpseb1cd8ca.jpg

Finished Photos Coming Soon... B)

JEDI TIE WING RACER IS FINISHED!

The Racer was built from parts from the X-Wing Fighter, the Tie Wing Interceptor and the B-Wing Fighter Kits. The original idea was to make a Streamlined, Long Distance Racer. I actually increased the length of the Star Racer from 7 inches to 10 inches long.
With the leftover parts from this project I built another Starship, The Tie X-Wing Interceptor, Check it out In this Forum!

DSCN8621J_zps33d5e19d.jpg

Side View.

DSCN8611J_zpsbe5eabb6.jpg

The Hyperdrive Rhinestones look like lights in this shot.

DSCN8609J_zpsea36d3b2.jpg

More Photos Coming... B)

Edited by Ira