Model Cars Magazine Forum

Competition Rock Crawler kitbash... pics

steamboy

So I got another project in the mix... I must have MBADD (model builder attention deficit disorder)

ANYHEW, been wanting to do this for along time, turning out to be pretty big, looks like I'll have to make a smaller 4cyl version later...

crawler.jpg

*UPDATE* So I have had this sitting for quite some time, thanks for reminding me about it. It will make it back to the bench this week...

11.jpg

Edited by steamboy

Thanks guys, I'll have to check out Jake's Atlas, haven't been on the DRM forum much lately... Its getting there, got most of the fab work done tonight, four links are done, all that is left is 4 scratch built shocks, exhaust and driveshafts...

• 8 months later...

Old post, I know.. but I'm curious what happened to this. Any more pics of build progress?

Gave me the idea to pull down the 1/25 AMT/ERTL "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" 'Monster Jam' monster truck.. A couple quick clips of the roll-cage and it's already taking a rock-crawler form.

2177284466_230704c937_b.jpg

Scroll through the other views/angles: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpl3k/2177284466/

-Jonathan

Edited by Jpl3k

Clint: Great, I'm watching with interest. Hope to see more pics soon. :blink: I completely credit you for giving me a reason to pull down that ridiculous TMNT monster truck and put some use to it! http://www.flickr.com/photos/jpl3k/2179741224/

I'm thinking about adapting the '99 Chevy Silverado engine, trans, etc to fit into it (if possible). Don't think I'll be using the monster gas tank for this; too dang big.

-Jonathan