Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1967 Camaro SS annual

• 4 months later...

Well, I've started plugging away at the Camaro again now that the 1972 GTX is finished. Applied BMF to the front and rear window openings and painted the vent window frame with Testors Acryl Flat Black.

DSCN0634-vi.jpg

DSCN0635-vi.jpg

Here's a sneek peek at the interior...

DSCN0638-vi.jpg

I like this picture because it shows the remnants of the major glue dump in the original 1967 interior tub. It will be hidden by the flocking.

• Like 1

That Looks AWESOME!!! Love everything about it even the DOHC LT5 motor which looks real Bad@##! You do really nice work Marc, I mean REALLY nice!! Saw all your other builds too and even they came out reeeeeeeeely good!

I like the color ya used. Is pactra enamal (same fourmla as testors) or is it lacquer? Does it dry flat or under a stays glossy under a gloss coat? I have a good primer that I use so crazing may not be a problem, but if it's flat and i went to apply it over a gloss base (say the wal-mart paints) it would mess the whole thing up, ans I don't want that happening...

Again, very nice job on yours and seeing it makes me want to pick up a Revell '69 camaro from michaels with mah coupons, use the hidden headlight grille on it, do the my pro-touring magick on 'er, and possibly shove an LT5 in it (if I gots one).

Hope to see it finished soon! seeing your work and builds make me come back 4 more!!

Marc,

That is looking sweet and nice to see it getting close to being done. I worked with a guy who had a '67 Camaro from Nickey Chevrolet that was similar in color to yours, down to the black nose stripe and deluxe interior. I remember a few rides in that car- nothing like an L-88 Camaro to snap your neck when going through the gears!

Get it done so we can see it finally finished!

Mike

I like the color ya used. Is pactra enamal (same fourmla as testors) or is it lacquer? Does it dry flat or under a stays glossy under a gloss coat? I have a good primer that I use so crazing may not be a problem, but if it's flat and i went to apply it over a gloss base (say the wal-mart paints) it would mess the whole thing up, ans I don't want that happening...

V,

Thanks for the kind words. The Pactra RC paint is a lacquer that is designed to be applied to lexan RC bodies. It didn't seem too "hot" as it went over Tamiya primer with no problems. If you use this paint, I would use Pactra's black base coat and probably Testors lacquer clear or Tamiya TS-13 like I did.