Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's a thought for us "imported"...

As everyone here mentioned, I too was hoping the cruise would stay their. I enjoyed it their and look forward to it.

To be quite honest I really didn't think it would have fit here as well.

Now, as for the new spring thaw dustoff cruise/show here, YES, that would be great!

I also like the Chip Tooth award idea.

Chris

I'd better get started grooving some cheater slicks, or else I won't have nearly as many models to show.

The "Chip Tooth Design Award" is a great idea. I would think that it would likely be awarded to a very crisp, clean custom or rod in a fairly modern style. If there are certain types of models that you personally would like to see represented, I suggest making up and promoting a theme award of your own.

I'm going to put my head on the block right now and tell you guys that I'll be sending at least one "Open Mind" award (an electronic version of the custom-painted trophy I award each year at our Gold Coast NNL) to the model at the "cruise" that shows a real "out of the box" mindset.

... gettin' used to! It NEVER thaws here ... 'cause it NEVER freezes!

But, I'm up for it! Sounds like fun.

And I agree, the Woddington should stay where it traditionally has been. (I'm big on traditions.)

Good to see so many old friends ... some long (almost) lost friends ... again. This is gonna be great! :D

I've been trying to talk Gregg and Jairus into having a "Message Board Model" since I discovered the darn place...My idea is pick one random model and run it in the magazine...so that when the builder sees it, it's a total, awesome surprise. It would A) Make the recipiant extra gratefull to the magazine and perhaps even more importantly, :D get more builds posted.

But, that's just my thoughts...as skewed and crazy as they sometimes (always) are!

I like how you think Billy.

The winner of the Chip Tooth Award could be the one in the magazine.

• 2 weeks later...