Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Rambler American WIP for a friend

Ramfins59

Okedokey...... I touched up the paint, clearcoated the whole body, polished it out and reapplied the long side trim BMF. Pics follow...

BODYLEFTSIDE1024x763_zpsba6a8c70.jpg

BODYRIGHTSIDE1024x751_zps36277337.jpg

On the right rear of the trunk I attached an AMC sticker that I cut from a photo of the rear of my friend's car. It reads "Dare to be Different". I also glued on a PE trunk keyhole. I also painted the insert between the taillights black as on the 1:1 car, and I painted the gas cap handle red, white and blue as my friend did on the car... I also installed a 3rd brake light as is on the car...

BODYREAR1024x736_zps1938996f.jpg

While the clearcoat was drying I reassembled the interior and then painted the headliner brown as on the car, installed the glass with white glue, and installed a rear view mirror, visors I made from sheet plastic and round courtesy lights (pieces from my parts box)

INTERIOR11024x763_zps5e42af4c.jpg

INTERIOR21024x708_zps90fec60e.jpg

INTERIOR41024x628_zpsdcab1d66.jpg

HEADLINERDETAILS1024x763_zps8aa138d6.jpg

It's looking like we're in the home stretch on this baby now. Once the white glue sets up I can install the interior and then move on to pretty much FINAL ASSEMBLY..........WoooooooHooooooo.... Can't wait... Neither can my friend......!!!

Thank you all for following along on this.

Edited by Ramfins59