Model Cars Magazine Forum

24 Hour Build Project....Tim Richmond's '87 Monte Carlo

roadhawg

amazing job, better than I could do in a month of sundays. Didn't mean to sound snide about the window net, was a serious question as I havent built any early model stock cars, and very few newer models, so I did not want to assume I knew. Anyhow great build, and love the idea of doin it in 24 hours, setting challenges like that can take the monotony out of a build.

• 2 weeks later...

:wacko::wub:B)

Ohhh my, only way I might have tried something like this would have been with a Michael Waltrip Bahari Racing Pennzoil Pointiac since it had fewer contingency sponsors! DANG good job for a 24 hour build. So are you seeing weird mirages now due to the sleep deprivation?

Edited by JMChladek

Tommy, I gotta ask the obvious question. What flavor Ice Cream is that??? Just kidding, great looking build. Tim was truley one of the greats that never had chance to really prove himself, what a loss.

Great looking build, keep up the great work.

Vernon

Thanks, guys! It ain't perfect for sure, but it was fun to build a model in 24 hours. I've been a truck driver for the best part of 37 years, so going without sleep ain't really nothing new. I did get pretty drowsy around the 2:30 AM area, but a couple hours nap fixed it! By the way, I don't know why I titled this the '86 Monte Carlo....it's actually the '87 version....Tim's last ride.

:wacko::wub:B) Ohhh my, only way I might have tried something like this would have been with a Michael Waltrip Bahari Racing Pennzoil Pointiac since it had fewer contingency sponsors!

Thank goodness most of those contengencies were grouped together! If I had to apply them one by one, I'd probably still be decaling!

Tommy, I gotta ask the obvious question. What flavor Ice Cream is that??? Just kidding, great looking build. Tim was truley one of the greats that never had chance to really prove himself, what a loss.

Great looking build, keep up the great work.

Vernon

French Vanilla. That's my favorite flavor ice cream, lol. And yes, you right about Tim...he would've been one of the greatest.