Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any model release rumors going on? Anything remotely that could happen someday?

Lemme see here:

Roadster--check

Cabriolet

Sport Coupe

3-window Deluxe coupe--check

5-window standard coupe--check

Phaeton

Convertible Sedan (B-400)

Victoria

Tudor Sedan--check

Fordor Sedan

Station Wagon (requires a pickup radiator shell and hood though!)

Roadster Pickup

Closed Cab Pickup

Closed Cab pickup

Art

Rat Roaster - check

Orange Crate-check

American Graffiti coupe-check

Speedwagon-check

Little Deuce Coupe

Clarence-catallo-1932-ford12.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers

Wha? This is new news to me!

The box says Ebbro - isn't that a die cast maker?

Since seeing the photo, I've been in touch with Tamiya and Ebbro, both have confirmed that it will be a 1:24th scale kit in plastic, which will be sold under the Tamiya brand, the reason it has Ebbro on the box, is that It is a colaboration between Tamiya and Ebbro with the modified parts being designed by Kia San at Ebbro, I've been told it should be available around March time here in the U.K, I also been informed that Tamiya's original 2CV kit is also being re-released this year.

Since seeing the photo, I've been in touch with Tamiya and Ebbro, both have confirmed that it will be a 1:24th scale kit in plastic, which will be sold under the Tamiya brand, the reason it has Ebbro on the box, is that It is a colaboration between Tamiya and Ebbro with the modified parts being designed by Kia San at Ebbro, I've been told it should be available around March time here in the U.K, I also been informed that Tamiya's original 2CV kit is also being re-released this year.

Good news! Really cool. Thanks for the information Geoff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I had heard from a vendor at Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle Show, back in July, that Moebius was going to be doing a 61 Pontiac Ventura and a 65 Mercury Comet but, have not seen anything on that yet.

no truth to the ventura, comet or 65 belve. Unfortunately just internet rumor. Id love those though!!!!

:lol:

I did hear a rumor Round2 is considering (maybe planning to? Wasn't clear to me which, if either) re-issuing the '58 annual kits, as many as they can. Not necessarily all within the same year, but whichever can be reissued will be sort of thing. They are a bit too simplistic for me, and unfortunately '58 was the year GM let the stylists loose with the sculpting tools and decreed "Too much chrome is not enough," but I know many baby boomers would gobble them up.

Edited by Casey

I did hear a rumor Round2 is considering (maybe planning to? Wasn't clear to me which, if either) re-issuing the '58 annual kits, as many as they can. Not necessarily all within the same year, but whichever can be reissued will be sort of thing. They are a bit too simplistic for me, and unfortunately '58 was the year GM let the stylists loose with the sculpting tools and decreed "Too much chrome is not enough," but I know many baby boomers would gobble them up.

Well thats news I like to hear. I have the 58 Buick, Bonneville and Ford Sunliner.

All I need is the 58 Edsel and Impala

I want the 58 Bonneville too, but a Stock Convertible!!!!!

Indy 500 anyone??!!!

Got one , if your patient they can be had for reasonable money

Alice-In-Wonderland-I-See-What-You-Did-T

These threads are always fun to dig up and see what actually came true. 

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Personally, I would be rather surprised if any of those molds still existed.

If they were still around, chances are rather high that something from that era would have popped up by now.

58 years is a long time to keep something like that this quiet.

Steve

If they were still around, chances are rather high that something from that era would have popped up by now. 58 years is a long time to keep something like that this quiet.

I have no idea if they exist, if the molds are in good enough condition to use, etc., but it's entirely possible they are. I bet nobody thought the AMT Olds F-85 Funny Car mold still existed, yet now we know it does.

I'm just passing along what I heard second-hand, and that's precisely what this topic is about.

I have no idea if they exist, if the molds are in good enough condition to use, etc., but it's entirely possible they are. I bet nobody thought the AMT Olds F-85 Funny Car mold still existed, yet now we know it does.

I'm just passing along what I heard second-hand, and that's precisely what this topic is about.

I'm still waiting to see this Olds F-85. From the photos I've seen, posted on a thread somewhere around here, I could tell little to nothing about it. And of the above rumors. I'm also still waiting for the '71 Demon. I still can't understand what happened to make this kit not happen?

As far as the 1958 kits being reissued. I'll buy at least one of each if this should ever happen. But, for some reason, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for this one. It would be very cool to see. I don't mind that the original '58s were basic curbsides. I love that old stuff. But, after all these years?

I understand Casey, & I hope you're right.

I just think of the old annuals that have been re-released over & over again over the years & have to wonder why no one would have saw fit to re-release something like the '58 Ford if it still existed.

Why would AMT release the '61 Galaxie kit, & not something more lucrative like the '58?

Even the '61 being released in club coupe form instead of Starliner or convertible & with the interior from a 4 door tells me that the the Sunliner & Starliner kits are long gone.

Most likely most of the old annuals from that era have met the same fate. JMO.

Steve

How many 'gone forever' kits have we seen in the last 15 years????

I was told by the then head of AMT that my grail kit the AMTronic would NEVER be reissued due to issues. 

It was.....twice in fact. May not be everyone's fav....but it happened.  There is still some 'shocking' kits to be 'discovered'......