Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I hope to get some progress pics of my dio later this week in the mean time here are a couple of pictures I found online of the two main components. The Scopedog is going to be knocked out laying on it's back with a skeletal pilot figure in the cockpit. A female post apocalyptic warrior will be standing over the pilot gun drawn making sure there is no zombie stuff going on, her 4wd battle Gremlin setting nearby.

1-35SCOPEDOG-2315.jpg

74-gremlin-body-on-a-74-jeep-frame-100_0173.jpg

Edited by Bigdad

Tonight I got about 4 hours of bench time. Here are the results.

First, a base of rusty brown:

4125.jpg

Then I painted the rear fins a white/flat aluminum mix:

4126.jpg

Salt was next, followed by red on the bars, black on the frame, and a mid grey everywhere else:

4127.jpg

After:

4128.jpg

Decals, designed and printed this afternoon.....at...work:

4129.jpg

Couldn't resist trying to get one of them on tonight:

4130.jpg

Obviously still a ton to do. I think I'll go back in with red and sponge the frame. Same for the engine and other 'chrome' parts. The rest of the painting will have to be by brush and try to get different shades of aluminum on the bars and rods.

ONE QUESTION: What color should I paint the rotors?

Thanks guys!

Shannon, that first pic...I was thinking...cool tank. Then the next revealed a car. Very cool!

Curtis, thank you sir.

Derrick, same to you. Appreciate it.

+++

Well another couple of hours at the bench tonight. Last night, honestly, was one of those nights when things just seem to go badly. Not sure why...just 2nd guessing my 'order of operations'. I usually get that way on the first 'paint day'...

Tonight though...pure fun.

Here's where she's at. Lots left to do. Kinda regret gluing everything up...hard to paint. I might have to pop off the battery to detail and wire that. We'll see.

4134.jpg

Edited by ScaleModelAddict

ATTENTION PLEASE:

Note that the due date for the models to be completed has been pushed up to January. This will give everyone time to finish one, two, or start a third project.

I am also postponing the photo op with the mail in models because Momma Cranky (who is 76) is having surgery next month and I have to be there for her.

The builds will continue though, so Gen. EYEGORE says "As you were!"

Edited by Dr. Cranky

I have a few more progress pictures of the Scopedog and the Gremlin, I still have some dry brushing and finish detailing to do on them. I will start painting the interior of the car and the figures next I'm thinking about adding a tree or something.

DSCN4079.jpg

DSCN4080.jpg

DSCN4083.jpg

DSCN4084.jpg

ATTENTION PLEASE:

Note that the due date for the models to be completed has been pushed up to January. This will give everyone time to finish one, two, or start a third project.

I am also postponing the photo op with the mail in models because Momma Cranky (who is 76) is having surgery next month and I have to be there for her.

The builds will continue though, so Gen. EYEGORE says "As you were!"

Good luck to Momma Cranky!!!!!! Will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery!!!! ;)