Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buddy Baker Dodge Charger

shafer

Ok this will take a while because I have lots of pix of the build up to post on this ride.

it started as a street car i built a few years ago, i decided to convert it because of the slope of the c piller,

This is not a complete racing package, I left the interior stock , because A) I ran out of roll cage assemblys and B) no body sees the interior while sitting on a shelf. I did painstakinly try to make the body look right and those numbers were hand painted from a masking tape template i made, spoilers, tailight and headlight covers are made from recycled aluminum can. hope you enjoy these pictures

Happy Holidays

DSCF3761.jpg

DSCF3764.jpg

DSCF3771.jpg

DSCF3774.jpg

DSCF3775.jpg

DSCF3779.jpg

I'll give you credit for hand painting them......It's what I had to do on my original kit when the kit decals were defective. But next time try these.......

Baker11alv-vi.jpg

I did not know where to find them also I do not know how to print my own - any imput would be great!

Wow, that's very nicely done Charger! I like the paint job. Those handpainted graphics.... WOW! I bet that I would have caused a big mess if I were trying to paint them, you sure have steady hands! Nice looking build overall.

Nice Dodge you got there, I noticed you're from Wilson, I grew up going to the old dirt track there and loved it! Me and my brother built a car and ran at the track in Kenly a couple times when we weren't racing at ECMS. Do you attend any of the local tracks?

Nice Dodge you got there, I noticed you're from Wilson, I grew up going to the old dirt track there and loved it! Me and my brother built a car and ran at the track in Kenly a couple times when we weren't racing at ECMS. Do you attend any of the local tracks?

sometimes the kenly track was closed for a while and has recently reopened , the old wilson fairgrounds track is long gone, they still dirt track race in elm city at county line , i used to race go carts there

• 3 weeks later...