Model Cars Magazine Forum

2004 Dave Blaney Whelen Dodge Intrepid

Billy Kingsley

Here is quite possibly the earliest "in progress" NASCAR model I have...or, now, had, left. (that can actually be finished). I decaled this body back in 2004, and it was I believe, the first time I EVER used Tamiya White. Yeah, that's a long time ago! If my memory serves me correctly, which it may well not, this was the second time I ever used Cartograph decals. We are sure going back a ways.

This paint scheme was run by Dave Blaney at Daytona Speedweeks in 2004, running both the Bud Shootout and the Daytona 500. I chose to build the 500 version, just mainly so I could put the "Welcome Nextel Innagural Season" decals.

I think only two or three of these have been built or shown on the forum since 2004...which is kind of sad. The decals are excellent (although my unskilled hands didn't do them any justice, and the bouncing around in boxes for years didn't help, either!) and it's a cool, obscure solid color car.

180-vi.jpg

194-vi.jpg

192-vi.jpg

231-vi.jpg

This is the only set of decals in my collection, I think, that shows all seven flags.

197-vi.jpg

198-vi.jpg

195-vi.jpg

I did a GREAT job centering Dodge, didn't I? ;)

193-vi.jpg

Well, that's all for now. There is one more new completion that I don't think came out good enough to post. But if you hit my Fotki in my signature, go to "All My Models" album, and go to page 12 into 13 you will see the 2006 Jeff Green Best Buy Chevrolet. The orange New tag will last for 6 days.

• 4 weeks later...