Model Cars Magazine Forum

VINCENT BLACK SHADOW

rous74

Now that you mentioned the die cast I'll tell you my tale. My brother and I have a mutual friend that is a black shadow fanatic. He recently had lung transplant and as a gift from my brother he thought he would build the RoG (Matchbox) kit. well lo and behold his skills weren't what he thought and gave me the project complete with missing parts. I scoured the internet looking for other kits to get parts and I came across the die casts on Ebay. I thought I could mix and match parts to detail up the model. When I got the die cast from a seller in England I was impressed with the detail but it was also missing the part I needed for the model. I contacted the seller and she graciously sent me another Black Shadow free :) It took about a month for shipping across the pond and when a month past I contacted her regarding the shipment and she sent a third Shadow to me. :) :) Now when my brother presented the model to our friend he gave him the model box with a partially built kit inside with the excuse that the model was beyond both our skills. Our friend was appreciative of the thought and effort and said he would finish it. I said no we would finish it and took it back. :rolleyes: We did this at a breakfast get together and we had the waitress bring out the die cast Shadow with our orders and she asked 'who ordered the Black Shadow' and presented the a die cast to him. In the end my brother got back his model along with a die cast shadow and I have the third in my collection. Thanks for letting me share this here and I appreciate your diorama.

greg

• 3 weeks later...