Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's an Unresolved Issue

I have a beef, in some other publication recently, a product was reviewed. In the review a distributor was given, while visiting that site no such item was present. Why do they do this, tempt you, then, dash you on the rocks of despair ,L.O.L. Then, in the same magazine the following month it was again featured, at the Nuremberg Toy Show non the less, again no further information was given. I did a Google search and came up empty, man I'm peeved, I want to buy one! F.Y.I. It is a Master Tools Pillar Drill, real sharp quality tool, but does it really exist????? One wonders....

Guest G Holding

I have a beef, in some other publication recently, a product was reviewed. In the review a distributor was given, while visiting that site no such item was present. Why do they do this, tempt you, then, dash you on the rocks of despair ,L.O.L. Then, in the same magazine the following month it was again featured, at the Nuremberg Toy Show non the less, again no further information was given. I did a Google search and came up empty, man I'm peeved, I want to buy one! F.Y.I. It is a Master Tools Pillar Drill, real sharp quality tool, but does it really exist????? One wonders....

Post your source....

No, I don't think so, it was in the Tamiya Model magazine both times. It is predominantly blue, with black and green accents. The name Master Tools is on as a sticker right up front on the belt guard. I am sure it is legit.

I just Google'd "Tamiya Master Tools Pillar Drill", it shows that article in the March issue of Tamiya magazine. Perhaps you could locate the magazine? Seems there must be something in the mag on how to contact. Advertiser index?

No, and no. I am now of the opinion that I may just be too early to jump concerning this item. If pocketbond.co.uk will be the distributor, it is too early to get info on it and, probably hasn't even been stocked as of yet.

I'm pretty sure it's Trumpeter. It's called "Master Tools, right? I have the catalog at work. There's a small drill press in there. Pocketbond is Trumpeter's UK distributor. I work for one of the American distributors. We're going to carry some of the Master Tools stuff, but I don't see the drill press in our system, so I doubt we'll get it. Probably wind up best for consumers to just buy it straight out of China or Hong Kong on eBay, I hate to say it. If there's demand for it, maybe we'll bring it over. We've been sending out the catalog for a couple months.

Well I can say I'm disappointed with this news, but not surprised, seeing as Tamiya Model Magazine is a European publication. I will just have to source it elsewhere whenever it comes available. Thanks for the information it is well appreciated.

Thanks to all for the input and suggestions. I have received the information on this item and it does look to be not ready for our electric system as of yet. So, I guess I did jump too fast on this one. Again I thank you all for the support.