Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old guy starting over

bamadon

Joined the forum a few days ago but I've been going through for a couple of weeks. I have just started building models (trucks) again after being away from the hobby for over 35 years. My first attempt has been a Kenworth K123 and it has provided a few challenges. I currently live in Alabama but grew up around Syracuse and Chittenango NY before moving down here. This forum has some really great modelers on it and I am getting a lot of ideas and help from just reading. I'm sure I will have some questions as the KW gets farther along. Thanks for letting me in.

Don

welcome! I work in Chittenango, sure is funny how the world wide web makes the world really shrink sometimes. i'm just getting back into building myself, and doing big rigs as well. it's a lot of fun, and this place is really packed with info. enjoy.

Thanks for the welcome. I have enjoyed trying to decifer AMT's instructions. I had forgotten how they seemed to leave out some of the important positions for some pieces. Yes, the world wide web has shrunk the world tbill. I lived just outside Chittenango for about 10 years in the 70's.

Don Relyea

Welcome, Don.

You and I (and several other members of this forum) seem to be part a rapidly growing demographic. ie.; "older" guys returning to the hobby after a long hiatus. Who says the world belongs to the young ? Old Guys Rule!

as long as we don't forget where we left the magnifying glass......lol.