Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jawa Speedway Flat track Bike

Fuel Coupe

I know, I know, Ive been in a funk with starting builds and shelving them after starting them. I hope this one changes my poor streak

The flat track bikes how a special place with me as I had a family member race these back in the 70's out in California. I think the guys that "hang on" to these beasts are absolutely fearless.

No Brakes and flat out gettin it.

I got this built up from ModelMartin today and jumped right in. I have a minty one on the way as we speak from Norway. Not sure as to what I'll do with it..

845.jpg

Here it is straight out of the shipping box

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

No turning back now...

DSC_0020.jpg

I got this built up from ModelMartin today and jumped right in.

No turning back now...

DSC_0020.jpg

Wow! You work fast!! :D:lol: Have fun with it! That was the first and last time I used the "Creepy Crawlies" rubber parts that Protar puts in their kits. Be sure to foil the rims before putting the tires back on and don't use the rest. How do you like that awesome rubber chain? :lol: Good luck on this project and I will look forwrd to seeing it reborn.

Thanks everyone. Andy , Pat yourself on the back for not bombing it with glue. Didn't take much to break it down. Yes the rubber played heck on the rims and sprockets but nothing that cant be fixed.

Ive started making new brackets and such from aluminum sheet. Update tomorrow...

• 2 weeks later...

Her'es a quick update on the Speedway bike.

Changed all the fittings out with some that I made from brass and aluminum. made new bolt heads for the engine mounts. Changed out the plug wire with a piece of communcation wire...

Its going together really well..

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

• 11 months later...

just found these photos while searching for info on the protar jawa as I have got one in need of restoration and repair. I realise its a long time ago but did this get finished ? any more pics ?

Edited by japvjawa500