Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell's 1/24 '77 4x4 GMC Truck

tooltas

Thanks, Gerry, those front parts and plow are going to come in handy for many types of builds.

ROGER THAT!! IU was thinking of a Revell 99 Silverado converted to 4x4 using the Perry's Resin piece or 90 SIlverado using the same Perry's piece or a 72 Chevy Longbed. Use some aftermrket shovels and other accessories to put in the bed and VOILA!

Thanks, Gerry, those front parts and plow are going to come in handy for many types of builds.

That looks to be a lot more accurate than I originally thought. I have many vehicles waiting for this plow assembly and mounting equipment. There are at least 10 different vehicles in my stash that will be getting one of these plows, sure hope Revell can keep up with my demand!

Gerry,

I bet I have spent close to an hour studying those instructions, you got me distracted from doing work!

I did notice that the engine assembly looks to have an EFI set up instead of a carb, wonder if that was intentional by Revell?

Thanks again!

I did notice that the engine assembly looks to have an EFI set up instead of a carb, wonder if that was intentional by Revell?

I noticed that...I'll have to dig out my original issue Monogram GMC pickup..don't recall if that was there or added in some later kit (the Chevy stepside 4x4 pickup reissued in the '90s that probably shares tooling). Looks like it has a custom steering wheel also.

I've never seen a pickup like that w/ the spare tire attached to the tailgate, that looks odd...but that detail can be left off.

Edited by Rob Hall

I noticed that...I'll have to dig out my original issue Monogram GMC pickup..don't recall if that was there or added in some later kit (the Chevy stepside 4x4 pickup reissued in the '90s that probably shares tooling). Looks like it has a custom steering wheel also.

I've never seen a pickup like that w/ the spare tire attached to the tailgate, that looks odd...but that detail can be left off.

It looks like the engine from the MONOGRAM GMC Jimmy High Roller #2273

2-vi.jpg

Gerry,

I bet I have spent close to an hour studying those instructions, you got me distracted from doing work!

Thanks again!

That came up in the History of Monogram GM trucks thread a while back. The intake on the GMC kit is the old Rochester Ramjet feul injection that was available from '57-'65 of Corvettes. It is not a stock intake to any GM truck. The original Monogram GMC kit had the same intake. Otherwise, the rest of the drivetrain and chassis is the same as the Chevrolet Stepside kit.

You are correct about the spare tire mounting, however they did offer a swing away carrier back in the day. Of course, I've only seen it in brochures and only on the stepside.

Looking through the instructions though, kit looks plenty detailed and the plow looks like it should be good. Also looks like plenty of decals, which is one of the things I like that Revell is starting to do.

John,

I just ordered three of these (don't ask, it's a sickness I have!) from Tower Hobbies and they should be here by the end of the week.

They have free shipping on orders over $30 and offer quantity discounts. I got my 3 for about $55, delivered to my front door. I could have waited to see when these showed up at the LHS but when I asked them last week they could not give me an answer or if they have even ordered any!

Glad to help you out John. I have a couple of the AMT 84 GMC pickups and I know there are differences between the two, just glad to have a new truck kit to build and am really excited about the snow plow!

Just got an email from Tower Hobbies with the UPS tracking information and it says my kits will be here tomorrow! I just might be busy this weekend tearing the wrapper off some model kits!!! :D

Edited by mikemodeler

Thanks for pointing that out Roger, it is definitely not a state of the art kit! But, us truck modelers do have something new to glue and the plow will certainly help Revell sell a few of these!

The lack of details is secondary for me, I am not much for super accurate detailed builds.

Comments!?!? We want pictures of the snowplow parts!!! :lol::P;)

Take your cheapskate butt down to Model Empire and invest in a kit! :lol::P

I will see if I can find the batteries to the camera and get some pictures of the snow plow. I will be busy putting it together this weekend and hope to have before and after pictures. Just have to make sure my "Geek Squad" son is home to help me upload the pix! :D

I have it downstairs in the basement "hobby shop". I can take Pix in the next day or two if you want.

Gerry,

You better do that before Casey bursts with over excitement! :D

I am planning on getting mine out here in a few minutes and getting started!