Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini-Lindys

unclescott58

I'm wondering, since Round 2 now owns Lindberg models, if there is any chance they have dies and could be conviced to bring back the Mini-Lindy series of cars and trucks? There are a couple I'd love see come back. I remember they offered a late 60's ChevyVan. A nice Greyhound bus. And many others. I couple still in my collection, but I'd like to add more. Hopefully with the garages that came with early versions of these kits.

post-10661-0-09766100-1413840439_thumb.j

Scott

I remember those ! There was a toy store in El Monte in the 70's (through the late 80's) which had loads of obsolete stuff . I was buying kits from the 60's --albeit nothing "desirable" nor "valuable"-- in the 70's and 80's ; among these finds were Mini Lindys :) .

So , let's bring back Mini-Lindys and their bigger relatives , the 1/32nd scale Buick Century , Pontiac LeMans , Olds Cutlass , etc. , etc.

I had several as a kid, but only to use as bodies for my HO slot track. One I remember was a '68 Corvette. I might still have it.

I also had a '68 Dodge Dart in HO. I seem to remember the body being chrome plated. That might not have been a Mini-Lindy, that might have been made by somebody else. Anyway, I remember the nose was too long so I cut it back to look right. I painted it like Dick Landy's Super Stock.

I built a few of those as a kid; their scales varied as they all used the same tires.

Later for my Pearl Harbor movie project I converted the school bus to a '36 Ford Army bus with a lot of mods (added 1/8" height to the body, rounded the roof corners and modified the front clip from a 1/72 WWII Japanese fuel truck to look Ford-ish).

They Were offered in the 80's & 90's, They added a ZR-1 Vette to the offering

and changed the grill in the Ford Pickup Camper to a Chevy grill (71-72 style)

NO they did NOT alter the Body at all I have both versions!

They were in an area "Boscov's"

There were 2 kits & 2 one-pc. Motorcycles in the box.

I believe the ZR-1 & Pickup Camper was one set.

I still have Most of mine around.

Including the 65/66 Chevy Van!!!

I have the 'Boat-Tail' Riv too!!!

Never saw the Eldorado or Lincoln Mark till recently on that evil Auction bay

Those Garages were included in later issues, so Could be offered again too!!

That is IF they decide to even re-issue the 'Mini-Lindy's' !!!

Edited by Edsel-Dan

Still see the occasional Mini-Lindy at toy shows over here, but id buy em if they reissued em. Better yet if they could bring out a whole lot of different ones of cars/trucks not seen in small scale (so no more mustangs/vettes/firebirds !)

I had several as a kid, but only to use as bodies for my HO slot track. One I remember was a '68 Corvette. I might still have it.

I also had a '68 Dodge Dart in HO. I seem to remember the body being chrome plated. That might not have been a Mini-Lindy, that might have been made by somebody else. Anyway, I remember the nose was too long so I cut it back to look right. I painted it like Dick Landy's Super Stock.

Could the Dart have been an Aurora cigarbox ?

Could the Dart have been an Aurora cigarbox ?

No, I don't think so. Might have been Eldon. I took a quick look at my old junk last night and found a second, unmolested Dart, in "chrome red," and also a first-gen Camaro in "chome blue." Also found my Mini-Lindy Corvette, molded in green. Maybe I'll take a pic of these later on and post it.

That Chevy wrecker saw duty on my HO track back in the '60s-'70s.

I found a camper cab in my box of HO stuff, so they must have had a camper pickup in the line. If I have the camper, I might have the rest of the truck in that box, too.

I made a sweet lil' diorama using the school bus converted into a homeade RV and I'd sure love to get that Chevy Van once more.

Yea me too on the Chevy Van. Though the the Jeepster, the VW bus, and others would be cool too. These were not bad looking little kits for the most part.

By the way, anybody have glass they don't need for the Mini-Lindy truck camper?

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

• 6 years later...

I wasn't aware that they were available that late. I don't remember buying any of them at Brick and Mortar, but I did get some two-packs with garages in the late 1960s through a cereal promotion. Chevy van, 67 Mustang, MG, and I have forgotten what else. I am a little shocked what people want for them on eBay now.