Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Q1 2015 releases

martinfan5

ooh that wagon is mega kool, gotta have one of those. was this even announced as being in the works? seems like its straight out of left field, aside from revell releasing the 57 ford sedan. I never even knew Ford produced a competitor to the Nomad.

I would put down for a Ranchero too.

and I missed it before but now they are reissuing the BRE 510 companion 240Z. great move. actually some other potential buys there too, for instance that Boxster. I am guessing the German branch will be releasing that one? and a 59 Caddy hardtop? is that a reissue or brand new?

jb

Edited by jbwelda

The 59 CAddy is a re-issue

Last re-issue is going $30.oo++ already

This will be third run of the Eldorado Seville (Hardtop)

The Convertible (Biarittz) can be had Cheap in any box!

I want that Auto Transport Trailer (Which ever that is Hoping for Semi Trailer!)

And I Want that Del Rio. Basically a Dressed up 2dr Ranch Wagon

I think most of the Custom300 or even Fairlane 500 Trim/Options were offered for it.

Though, was it Before, or after buyers were adding it to theirs???!!!!

Very nice, as I've said a few years ago that the wagon and an Ranchero would follow Revell's '57 Ford Custom. It'll be the only one of the bunch that I'll buy, and I'm still bettin' on a Ranchero in the future as well.

I'd almost bet on a Courier Sedan Delivery, as all that would need in order to convert the body shell tooling would be new body side slide cores (of course, the correct interior parts as well).

Art

ooh that wagon is mega kool, gotta have one of those. was this even announced as being in the works? seems like its straight out of left field, aside from revell releasing the 57 ford sedan. I never even knew Ford produced a competitor to the Nomad.

I would put down for a Ranchero too.

and I missed it before but now they are reissuing the BRE 510 companion 240Z. great move. actually some other potential buys there too, for instance that Boxster. I am guessing the German branch will be releasing that one? and a 59 Caddy hardtop? is that a reissue or brand new?

jb

I got $5 on the Boxter being a straight reissue of the Wheels of Fire SnapTite kit. Everything on that list is a straight reissue of an existing tool with the exception of the '57 Wagon and the Ford Ranger. UNLESS the Ford Ranger is the old '80s Monogram F-150 Ranger that's the cousin to the era Ford Bronco that Revell has run not that long ago. Also whether the ZL1 is an actual model kit this go around, or a molded in white version of the pre-painted kit.

The Auto Transport Trailer is the old Revell AG tooled car hauler trailer, nice to have back considering the price point of those on eBay these days.

Edited by niteowl7710

I got $5 on the Boxter being a straight reissue of the Wheels of Fire SnapTite kit. Everything on that list is a straight reissue of an existing tool with the exception of the '57 Wagon and the Ford Ranger. UNLESS the Ford Ranger is the old '80s Monogram F-150 Ranger that's the cousin to the era Ford Bronco that Revell has run not that long ago.

Yes, I'd assume it's the '80 F150 Ranger...I can't see the point of a new tool of the compact one since AMT did that one 20 years ago..

2262.jpg

Yes, I'd assume it's the '80 F150 Ranger...I can't see the point of a new tool of the compact one since AMT did that one 20 years ago..

2262.jpg

There is no point of reproducing a 7 part version of the Lindberg Crown Vic with a new tool either. I had wondered about it being another Build n Play Puzzler, then rememeber the old 1980 Ranger. Just couldn't get my phone to allow me to post the box art this morning. Considering I feel like someone ran me over with a 1980 Ranger, I'll claim Operator Error... ;)

Edited by niteowl7710

Here is the info I got that I was unable to release:

Model Scale Comments Tooling

AUTO TRANSPORT TRAILER 1/24 Truck modelers take note Reissue

59 CADILLAC HARDTOP 1/25 Reissue

40 FORD COUPE 1/24 Stock version. Monogram label Reissue

2013 CAMARO ZL-1 1/25 All white w/decals. Same detail as prepainted version. Modified Reissue

HONDA CIVIC 1/25 Fast and Furious version Reissue

PORSCHE BOXTER 1/24 Snaptite Reissue

BRE DATSUN 240Z 1/25 SSP release Reissue

STONE, WOODS AND COOK WILLYS 1/25 SSP release with original box art Reissue

57 FORD STATION WAGON 2N1 1/25 Street/Police versions New

FORD RANGER PICKUP 1/24 Monogram label Reissue

And box art model photos:

post-628-0-38125000-1415111700_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-29077600-1415111712_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-81298100-1415111718_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-28141200-1415111723_thumb.jpg

Well I see four kits on this list. That's four more Revell kits than than I bought in all of 2014.

What 1/24 stock 1940 Ford did Monogram make? I thought the only one they had was the one that was part of the '40 Ford Convertible ProModeler tool that came out in the late 90s? That's 1/25...

Edited by Casey

What 1/24 stock 1940 Ford did Monogram make? I thought the only one they had was the one that was part of the '40 Ford Convertible ProModeler tool that came out in the late 90s? That's 1/25...

I went back and checked the notes and it said 1/24, but I don't recollect any 40 Ford Coupe in 1/24 either. Just the stock and street machine 1/25 versions. I will get back to Revell on that.

Yes, I'd assume it's the '80 F150 Ranger...I can't see the point of a new tool of the compact one since AMT did that one 20 years ago.

I don't see why they couldn't do one of the early 2000's model, since it would be a vehicle that could be released in several different versions. They may not be built today, but they are still relevant in the off road and mini truck scenes.

This bad boy with 2-wheel-drive parts and plain wheels / hub caps = me buying at least one !

I'm thinking a lowered down 2wd with possibly a short styleside bed. I'll just have scratchbuild a set of I beams for it and bash a bed. I don't think the I beams from the '91 will be right for the 150. I have a pair rolling around in the parts box. I'll have to check them out again. What would really be nice is if Revell would find it in their hearts to also include the High Roller parts for a 2n1. I'll be buying a few no matter!

If the '57 wagon is right, I'll buy multiples of it also! I'm hoping they correct the messed up front inner fenders that the Custom sedan had. But, I won't count on it. I'm thinking it should have a different chassis/floor pan than the Custom sedan anyway. I know it's a long shot. But, it would be nice if they would put all of the supercharger parts in with it too.

I'm thinking a lowered down 2wd with possibly a short styleside bed. I'll just have scratchbuild a set of I beams for it and bash a bed. I don't think the I beams from the '91 will be right for the 150. I have a pair rolling around in the parts box. I'll have to check them out again. What would really be nice is if Revell would find it in their hearts to also include the High Roller parts for a 2n1. I'll be buying a few no matter!

If the '57 wagon is right, I'll buy multiples of it also! I'm hoping they correct the messed up front inner fenders that the Custom sedan had. But, I won't count on it. I'm thinking it should have a different chassis/floor pan than the Custom sedan anyway. I know it's a long shot. But, it would be nice if they would put all of the supercharger parts in with it too.

Was the entire floorpan of the station wagon different, or just the rear portion? The reason I ask is, pretty much standard back in the day was for a carmaker to use as many existing sheet metal components across their entire line as possible. Also, most generally, for years the floor pans were at least two-piece--the main floor panel extending back to the frame kickup, and a trunk floor simply welded into place a that point. Many station wagon bodies had a rear floor panel that was different (due to spare tire placement) than the trunk floor panel of sedans, hardtops and convertibles, from what I've seen.

Art

BRE Datsun 240Z

’57 Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon 2n1

’59 Caddy Hardtop

I'm not supposed to be buying any new kits as I already have too many, but these three are so tempting, especially the '57 wagon!

Btw, does anyone know much about that 240Z kit? I'd be wanting to build a standard, road version & wondered how easy it would be to do from the BRE one?

I have that BRE 240z original and I just looked at it; its not far from stock, has inner door panels for instance and a fairly stock looking engine. no stock wheels of course and the body may have some minor racing mods but I didn't see any in a quick glance. the interior might be a bit minimalist but the dashboard looks credibly stock. roll bar/cage and stuff but that can be left out. I see bumpers and other things on the chrome tree.

that list above with the "reissue" column sure makes all this seem a lot less impressive. even that boxster is a reissue...guess I never saw the original but here I thought might be a contender with the Tamiya...I would guess not then.

jb