Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell "Uptown" Dodge Charger SRT8

Ajay

Got round to finishing this one off today

srt22.jpg

srt10.jpg

srt13.jpg

srt17.jpg

The kit went together nicely although if I was to build it again I'd be tempted to follow Zoom Zoom MX5 & glue the doors closed before spraying it to get a flush fit & even gaps around the scissor doors.

Thanks for looking

Andy

Came out very nice! :D

These "Uptown" kits are well engineered and pretty fun to build, but I agree that the Lambo doors need to go away.

It did turn out nice 8)

I am tempted to get another STS-V and see if I can keep the Lambo doors, but do the same work to the doors I did on the glued-shut version; the doors need a bit of styrene strip to make the openings smaller. I just wonder if the doors could close completely w/o being out of kilter.

Also one could potentially make the doors work normally, with a different hinge arrangement. The sky's the limit. Kits like this are simple enough in overall construction to be fun to build and modify w/o them becoming so overbearing that they end up half-finished inside the box never to see the light of day again.

looks stock.......but modified. i love it! very nice work. out of box build?

Pretty much except for the rims - in the end I didn't add the engine plate as the detail is minimal. I didn't add the trunk speakers etc as the end of the trunk fouled the rear window glass and I was scared of the paint chipping.

Thanks for the comments Guys

Andy

• 5 months later...