Model Cars Magazine Forum

1929 rat rod

rv1963

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

Here are 2 pics of my 1929 Ford rat rod pickup, it has an overhead valve straight 8 which i streched from a 6 cyclinder a 4 speed trans and turbo, i streched the frame lowered the front and rear suspention cut the grille shell down and cut about 8 scale inches out of the back of the cab, i removed the bed floor because i will install a wood one. Lots more work to be done but i think it will be an interesting build, it's my first rat rod. All comments and ideas welcome.

Thanks guys i thought i would try a turbo i to have never seen this at any of the model car shows, next set of pics will be of the engine with lots more done and some of the cab interior with it's diamond plat floor, boy is it ugly.

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

Well the rat rod is back with a small update, most of the work was done on the engine as you can see from the pics i also added the window frame and wood planks to the bed these will have to be weatherd of course can't leave them clean in a rat rod. Any and all comments welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

I thought it was time for an update on the rat rod, i added the planks to the bed and a little weathering to both the engine and bed. this was my first try doing rusted body panels like this i hope it was effective, the interior still needs a few parts and more weathering but i did add the drivers seat let me know what you think, any and all comments welcome.

Edited by rv1963

Love the engine. When I was in high school, a straight eight Pontiac showed up on a local car lot. It really made an impression on me.

The body looks good, maybe add some grime to the frame rails. I know a valve cover that long is going to leak oil, don't tell me it won't.

Keep it up!!

Thanks James, the frame has not been painted yet because i am not shure what color i will be using than i will weather it, the engine isn't even close to being finished still needs a few coats of rust, dirt and oil stains plus more details.

• 2 weeks later...

DSC02366.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

DSC02354.jpg

High time for an update on the rat rod, i did a little engine work like plug wires and some weathering, added a passenger seat and inner door skins to the interior, fuel tank and battery in the bed they still need work, some other things have been worked on an added but i will let you see for your self what has been done because that's half the fun, any and all comments welcome.