Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Who you gonna call?"

Dave McFly

I was going through my workbench looking for a project to do and I forgot that I had THIS kit laying around.

2mmwcw8.jpg

and I had a Ecto 1 model kit that i got in a trade but the body shell was crushed and the glass broken, but the rest was intact. so I decided to make the 66 Chevelle wagon kit into a NEW Ecto 1. the only thing that will not be on the car will be the small roof mounted flashing blue lights that sit in front of the front light bar and behind the rear one (the roof rack and both bars take up the entire length of the roof!) unless i can make a bracket for them to attach to. I wanted my wagon to be stock, so I have a set of stock 60s style skinny wheels with proper hubcaps (from a 66 ElCamino) to go in their place. I also swapped the SS hood for a smooth hit (also from the 66 ElCamino kit :huh: ).

70b78o.jpg

I am also getting a set of these decals (well 2 one for a future Ecto 1 project) don't pay attention to the watermarks that's only on the website. I ordered decals from this guy before and they really make a model "POP". but instead of the old 80s style yellow ECTO-1 plate I am making up a set that look like the CURRENT style of NY plate but it will still say ECTO-1 on them. I will post pics of the project as the develop, so "Who You Gonna Call?" :lol:

Edited by Dave McFly

id like to see what it looks like when its finished, i finally got clear on my 66, but i need to wet sand it then im gonna put two more coats of clear on it.... im trying a trick thats used on 1:1 cars to make the colors look supper deep, but i cant wait to see what this thing will look like