Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Ford Woody

Psychographic

l can relate with the sanding problems, Dave! l'm stretching my doors to coupe length & l'm NOT digging on the sanding process! l followed your lead & got a couple Wagon Rods for parts :D LOVE your suspension work! l think l'm gonna cheat & use the W.R. kit frame & susp~ please keep up the Fantastic work!!!!! Thanks for the tips~Bart.

I`ll bet its a pain, too many angles to make straight!

the frame looks sweet

cheers

bryan

l can relate with the sanding problems, Dave! l'm stretching my doors to coupe length & l'm NOT digging on the sanding process! l followed your lead & got a couple Wagon Rods for parts :D LOVE your suspension work! l think l'm gonna cheat & use the W.R. kit frame & susp~ please keep up the Fantastic work!!!!! Thanks for the tips~Bart.

It's the corners that suck. I did learn you can get into the corners with a scribing tool. You lay it on the side and it cuts halfway decent, but still a pain.

Here's a rough idea of the interior colors. The turquoise is darker and the tan is more of a light buckskin than what appears in the pic. I've got flocking that is a dead on match for the turquoise to use for the carpeting. The floor and rear wheel houses need one more coat before the flocking goes down.

PA270731.jpg

I like the color too. I love using nail polish on models. Some of them can be tricky to thin tho. How long do you usually wait before you clear them with urethane?

Edited by mrm

I like the color too. I love using nail polish on models. Some of them can be tricky to thin tho. How long do you usually wait before you clear them with urethane?

I apply several thin coats giving each ample flash time, so the solvents evaporate out fast. It usually only takes about 2-4 hours, overnight to be safe.

Edited by Psychographic

The floorpan is cleared, if it looks blue, it's the idiot behind the camera. I can't get the proper color without editing the pic.

I started running brake and airlines. I had the rear done, but it was done out of the frame and didn't clear things properly. I almost gave up on doing it in the car from lack of patience, but I got it.

PB020793.jpg

I still need to paint the brake line coupler and the airline manifold/solenoids.

PB020792.jpg

PB020791.jpg

PB020794.jpg

PB020795.jpg

PB020796.jpg

I'll either scratch build them or steal them from the 39 Wagon Rod.

They came out great. If you scratch built them I would love to see photos on how ya did it or what you used. I wasn't aware that the 39 wagon came with them. It's coming together nicely, can't wait to see it done