Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any New Information on Revell 40 Ford?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know or has a review on this kit? Is it basically the same as the pro modeler of years back?

The only pro modeler version I know is the convertible, but this kit is pretty much the same as the streed rod version of the pro modeler, except this one is a coupe.

It's a nice kit if you are looking for a street rod and it does not build the stock version since it doesn't have the stock suspension or rims/tires or the steering wheel.

• 8 months later...

Couldn't one use the AMT '41 Woody with a Revell '40 front clip and rear wings to create a '40 Woody?

Or is the upper arch of the '41 rear wings too different from the '40?

On the 1:1, the '41 body is entirely different from the '40. The '35 thru '40 frames are basically the same and the '41-'48 are basically the same.

You're also right...the rear fenders are very different in shape...

40%2Bwoodie%2B109.JPG

1941_ford_super_deluxe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those that explained the grill differences between the Standard and Deluxe versions. All these years ( not saying how many) I thought the Standard grill was from a '39 ... maybe AMT instructions told me that ...

Thanks to those that explained the grill differences between the Standard and Deluxe versions. All these years ( not saying how many) I thought the Standard grill was from a '39 ... maybe AMT instructions told me that ...

Guess what.................................... THEY DID!

For a few years at least, Ford's new model year "Standard" had features much like if not the same as the previous year's "Deluxe" and the new Deluxe had features that set it apart from the Standard and previous model year.

The '39 Ford Deluxe grille and the '40 standard grille were pretty darn close if not the same.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=39+ford+deluxe+grill&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-JebUf_SFYq0igL_h4HQDQ&ved=0CFEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=702

http://www.google.ca/search?q=39+ford+deluxe+grill&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-JebUf_SFYq0igL_h4HQDQ&ved=0CFEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=702#safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=40+ford+standard+grill&oq=40+ford+standard+grill&gs_l=img.3..0i24.39981.45064.0.45758.10.10.0.0.0.0.81.497.10.10.0...0.0...1c.1.14.img.05LW2Dkk1XI&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46865395,d.cGE&fp=9fc56a4dd2e23894&biw=1280&bih=702

• 4 years later...
On 7/25/2012 at 7:06 PM, CEKPETHO BCE said:

I really wish they would rerelease this version:

ctx018x.jpg

They have. :D

rev40stdcoupe.jpg.4ddac3ea9c19c4a6b0852ef7a8957927.jpg

Pics of the 2002 version can be viewed here: http://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/848/25-revell-ford-standard-coupe

I don't have the 2015 #85-4371 kit pictured above, but after reviewing the instruction sheet, it appears to be the same as the 2002 version, except for a new decal sheet. The white scallops appear to be the only significant change.