Model Cars Magazine Forum

COMPLETE: 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean Pontiac

David Thibodeau

Well guys its done. I managed to pull off converting a 2003 Revell Monte Carlo into a full blown detailed Pontiac. Many thanks to those that shared the journey. I especially want to Thank Clay for all of his turned aluminum parts he so graciously did for me for this build. I could not have done it without you!!

Thanks for looking guys. This car is making its first contest debute at the MAGS Street Rod show this coming weekend and then its off to the Southern Nats with it in Atlanta!

DaveT

P1010090-vi.jpg

P1010091-vi.jpg

P1010092-vi.jpg

P1010093-vi.jpg

P1010094-vi.jpg

P1010095-vi.jpg

P1010096-vi.jpg

P1010097-vi.jpg

P1010098-vi.jpg

P1010099-vi.jpg

I'll be looking for it on the tables this weekend, Dave! Fantastic build.

Dare I say "Three In A Row" ( you know what I mean!! ) :lol:

Can't wait.

I could use some more Crystal!!!!!! :unsure:

We shall see Dave, but if its a three peat I think I might get food thrown at me!!! :blink:

Can't wait to chat with you.... And hopefully convince you to keep me company to Atlanta!!!

Thanks alot guys....

DaveT

Edited by David Thibodeau

David,

I don't need to say how great that build is. We can see that. ;)

It was great to follow the progress of it. I DO have to say, you are becoming one of my favorite model builders. Your Pro-Stock, the FXX, this one etc. You have the magic touch! Looking forward to see more of your work!

Thanks,

David,

I don't need to say how great that build is. We can see that. <_<

It was great to follow the progress of it. I DO have to say, you are becoming one of my favorite model builders. Your Pro-Stock, the FXX, this one etc. You have the magic touch! Looking forward to see more of your work!

Thanks,

Thanks Ismael........ and all of you!!

DaveT

Well, I just returned home from the MAGS-hosted show at the NSRA Southeast Street Rod Nats in Tampa where David debuted this build. It was great hanging out with some of the most humble and talented model car builders ANYWHERE - and these guys ALL live here in central Florida: Wayne Stevens, Jr., Dirk Joseph, David Thidodeau....the list goes on!

Overall, a great weekend and although entries were down by a couple dozen from last year the stunning increase in QUALITY was amazing. The cars entered in the drag class alone had me drooling.

Oh, by the way, David's '03 "Pirates..." Pontiac pictured here was chosen "Best Of Show".

yadda-yadda-yadda.........!! :rolleyes:

It marks his 3rd consecutive BOS award at this show. Hopefully David will snap a pic of the gorgeous etched CRYSTAL award!! These awards have been donated for the last 3 years and are the best awards I've ever seen.

So c'mon, Dave..........show a pic of that BOS crystal! Maybe a "group" shot of all 3........

Great job and congratulations once again.

• 3 weeks later...

This build has been so much help to me, the past few weeks as I worked on getting the chassis of my first super detailer done. Thanks for sharing your pics....I would NEVER attempted a build of this magnitude without some kinda guidance....and having said that, I now really appreciate your work even more...MAN this is work!! B) LOL Talk to you later

Ron