Model Cars Magazine Forum

Now it's diesels with those BIG pipes.

Catching On to the Quiet Efficiency of Diesels

The diesels are quiet as well as smoke-free. The Audi R15 runs on a special form of gas-to-liquid (GTL) diesel refined from natural gas by Shell Oil in Malaysia. The GTL is a particularly clean-burning diesel, and the remaining exhaust is scrubbed by two particulate filters. Many see GTL as a precursor to the process that may be used to synthesize biofuels from algae or waste products.

So, what you are saying is, we're one step closer to Mr Fusion...no? :P

Completely unrelated to that response---> Even though I think it's wrong as can be, I've got to say...at least they don't blow their smoke straight into the window of my car or mini truck. I hate it when a jacked up truck has its exhaust at window level! :angry:

Edited by Skydime

My son had very short talk with one of those black smoke pumping trucks . He was on his motorcycle when the guy covered him with his black smoke. He made him pull over at the next stop sign. Needdless to say the guy was scared to death after the little talk.I think the guy will think long and hard before he ever does that to another motorcycle rider. Why the law lets these truck get by with it is beyond me.

I've been riding Harley's for many years, Your son must be one bad biker to MAKE a guy in a truck pull over! Bike vs. Truck? Trucks always win!

So, what you are saying is, we're one step closer to Mr Fusion...no? :P

Completely unrelated to that response---> Even though I think it's wrong as can be, I've got to say...at least they don't blow their smoke straight into the window of my car or mini truck. I hate it when a jacked up truck has its exhaust at window level! :angry:

We're getting there, read something recently about a company that is working to make Ethanol from garbage and Dupont is building a plant to create it from not normally used portions of plants (corn stalks for example!)

I've been riding Harley's for many years, Your son must be one bad biker to MAKE a guy in a truck pull over! Bike vs. Truck? Trucks always win!

Eh, catch him at the light or sign and drag his rump out of an unlocked door or even halfway through an open window would work, especially if the guy in the pickup had no situational awareness ;)