Model Cars Magazine Forum

Start of my 65 AWB Dodge

In my diggings. I think it was when the private teams/owners started modifiyng there own cars for the AFX class is when I think the straight axles started showing up. I don't remember ever seeing any pics of the Landy 65 car with a straight axle under it.

'ALL' of the factory built cars were moved ft and rear suspension retaining the K-frame control arm layout.

PS,all the factory built cars were hardtops, Most (but not all ) of the private built cars were sedans

Joe,

If you notice on most Mopar drag cars that still retained the leaf springs, as in the "Super Stock springs" they rarely if almost never used a traction aid other than a pinion snuber. That setup is still very effective to this very day.......

I just looked thru all my AFX cars pictures. And I didn't find one single picture of the Landy car with a vent wing frame but every one has a frame around the door glass.

I DID find a few of the Sox and MArtin Paper Tiger 1 car that had the vent wing frames.

PaperTiger1.jpg

I still think this is a cool picture . If I cound find the truck cab, I might considering attempting this in scale .

PaperTiger.1+2.jpg

Eye candy

And you can see in some pictures it has the blue tinted glass, and in others it has clear glass, when which was which , I have no idea.

I am pretty sure the car restored today has clear glass.

ps, I also just noticed some pictures it has a 2 headlight grille and in some it has a 4 headlight grille.

dlcorone470.jpg

DickLandy65.jpg

DickLandy-wheelstand.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Heres an update on my AWB. Got it all primered and ready to sand. Its really great quality and doesnt need any putty. Just needs a light sanding. Question is what grade should i use? I have 800,1000, and 200 grit. And as far as the motor goes its a Ross Gibson injected 426 Hemi. I know they say to primer resin put some of the parts are so darn small how the heck do you do it? Any ideas?.Heres a couple of pics

post-9433-0-88499200-1358026292_thumb.jp

post-9433-0-16033000-1358026311_thumb.jp

Looking very good! I really like the subject on this, and you are off to a good start. Keep it coming. For the sanding, I would use 1000 grit paper which works the best for me. And if you use Enamel Paints, like Revell and Humbroll, you need no primer for the resin parts. But if you have somekind of other paint planned and they need primer, I'd like to hear it too.

If using the RG engine do NOT use the front accessories, alt, pwr steering pump etc, get a 426 finned timing cover and use a belt and pulleys with injection pump, with alt. optional .......

By removing the filler cap/dipstick tube off of the power steering pump, you could make that into the injection pump .......

Edited by Alan