Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, survived another heart surgery, fooled my doctors! Been back a few wks, time to get busy. Missed a lot of good looking rigs, kudos to all! This is just another modified snap kit started last year. I'll spare all the boring details and just let tye pics talk. More later. (Excuse the somewhat out of focus pics, still figuring out my galaxy, old guy-new technology!)

post-9814-0-03341300-1403216058_thumb.jp

post-9814-0-63333300-1403216078_thumb.jp

post-9814-0-60356000-1403216091_thumb.jp

Larry, Glad to hear you fooled the doc's. The Pete is sweet looking. What size of material did you use on the sleeper. Love the color.

Gordon, I mainly use .040 for the sides and 080 for the roof panel. Since the inside is not visible, I use a piece of angle inside each corner. It gives you a little more meat in order to round the outside corners off. It makes the sleeper a little heavy, on a long w/b truck I use a thin piece of aluminum as long as possible super glued inside the frame rails. Keeps the frame from sagging over time. My models are in an office in a metal building , tends to get hot in the summer. I've found that the thicker roof keeps it from sucking inward. Once again, shelf models-no shows, so inside detail is not as important. Thanks to all for looking!