Model Cars Magazine Forum

289 Cobra

IHSS

Interesting. This kit has been around forever but we hardly ever see anyone showing them on here. If they can end up looking as nice as Jeff's, I have to wonder why.

Jeff, if you get a chance, could we see some engine and chassis pictures?

Very, Very nice Jeff! I have to ask-----are those wheels in the kit? They look like the '68 Mustang Shelby hubcaps. They look great on your car, and that alone may be why I'll pick up this kit! :D I've already got several versions of Cobras (including this one), but those hubcaps would make for a nice future Shelby build. ;)

Thanks guys. Those are the wheels that came with it,ot also came with the wire wheels and a set of crager ss style wheel for the drag slicks. Theslicks are pad printed blue streak with 2 thin ww tires for the front. It also came with an awsome set of metal velocity stacks for the injection option. Monty I'll put some engine and chassis pics up tomorrow. And if any one is interested I'llput up a couple of pics of the tires and stacks.

Very nice, Jeff.

I would like to invite you to bring that to MassCar on March 17 for our contest. It's only up the road in Taunton at the Holiday Inn. Registration is 9-noon.

As to your picture trouble, I would suggest opening a Photobucket or similar service, and using the %7Boption%7D codes to post pictures. There are only so many pictures you can post directly from your MCM account.

If you're not aware of us already, MassCar meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month. We recently moved to 45 West St, Medfield, which is immediately off of Rt. 27. Take 495 to Rt. 109 in Milford (or, if you want to gamble with 24 and 128, take 128 north to 109 East), and follow 109 into Medfield. At Rt. 27, turn left (if coming from 495) or right (if coming from 128) and follow to the 3rd light at an optics company. Turn right onto West St., and we meet in the big metal building housing a gymnastics studio and a landscaper. Go into the landscaper's office and up the stairs to the loft.

Meeting starts at 7:00, someone's usually there by about 6:00.

Charlie Larkin